MasterMapConverter

Fullerene

Warlord
This is a simple program that can convert image files to BTS WBS files. Good tool for generating for example earth map outlines.
I know there exists similar programs but I wanted to have tool that lets user easily select desired map size.
Note that this isn't map editor (yet), so you need to finish the converted maps with some other tool.
Converting big images may take some time, so be warned.

Requires at least .NET Framework 4.0

Features:
  • Select map width and height (max 400x400)
  • Viewer that allows user to view converted map
  • Save map as WorldBuilderSave

Features I might add or improve later
  • Terrain editor
  • More user control over conversion
  • Fix some bugs

edit: New version has simple map editor. Hitting space bar will set editor back to view mode, so that you can move map with mouse click.

Attachments

• Civ4MasterMapConverter0.1.zip
    454.6 KB · Views: 320
very nice,

how do i make it work - when i press on the exe file it wont load :9 nothing happens

Hmm, maybe your .NET version is lower than 4.0. If you can wait few days or week, I may upload new improved version with map editor, that also works on earlier .NET versions.

I added new version with simple, (maybe not so useful after all), map editor. I didn't manage to get the application to work with lower .NET versions. So it does require 4.0 anyway.

This doesn't seem to work with Windows 10 no matter what I do. I think it's because it forces .NET Framework 4.6.

Top Bottom