Maya religion rex attempt

bhavv

Glorious World Dictator
Maybe not as many cities as others can manage, but can anyone help me outlast this double DOW?

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

2 more city locations are highlighted, but double DOW from Dido and Ahmad. Everyone hates my over expansion QQ

Attachments

• Pacal_0415 AD-0575.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
Well, your capital should live, so just start building composites in your cities with the highest production.

The capital survived but I cant save Coba because I cant get my second composite in a good spot.. I'm trying again and again.

Also I need to settle the second city spot before the horses and cattle get claimed, not sure I can manage that.

Finally I win, after like 20 retries. Moved one bowman far to the left where it was safe. 2 catapults, 4 elephants and 2 swordsmen were sent in total, only 2 of them are now left :D

Spoiler :

Marathon, only on King so I can wonderspam.

I got peace ans all of Didos gold, but Im staying at war with Ahmad until Casablanca is mine, it has silk and gold:

Spoiler :

I managed to get the horse + cows river mountain spot, but broke my non expansion promise with Ganghi, so that might not go well :(

Spoiler :

And luckily Sweden gave me a DOF, which I must somehow keep for the rest of the game. One more city spot left next to my capital. My salt was pilaged and I still have to connect truffles, plus hopefully I can capture the silk and gold, and lots more mosques and pagodas so happiness will be fine, oh and I beelined the Notre Dame before education.

Wut Dido completed Notre Dame ???? WAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!

Or reload that war save and dont make peace.

Well, I guess everyone has his own way of playing Civ. :D

Hmmm, I want to get these pearls and fish, but they're in a tough spot to claim. Would this work? I think you can use forts in the highlighted tiles to pass naval units through them right?

Spoiler :

Well, I guess everyone has his own way of playing Civ. :D

Normally I only settle a few cities with tradition, but I kept hearing about rexing with Pacal and I wanted to try it. Or maybe you're referring to my wonder addiction, I thought thats normal.

Oh and I destroyed Assyria and Rome got liberated by Ashurbanipal giving away all his cities in peace deals (I had to capture Ninevah though, it had 2 new luxuries). The entire world ganged up on him after he denounced me through a DOF for settling near him :D

When I'm ahead I wonder spam like crazy. I thought it was pretty normal.

I'm not sure about the forts though. I think it's likely that you can't, but look up on it anyways.

Normally I only settle a few cities with tradition, but I kept hearing about rexing with Pacal and I wanted to try it. Or maybe you're referring to my wonder addiction, I thought thats normal.
No, I was actually referring to the "Finally I win, after like 20 retries."-part. ^^ I'd accept my mistake, quit the game and start a new one immediately. ^^ Although I would probably think different about that if I played on Marathon more often.

On marathon each game is like 3-5 days worth of entertainment lol. Mess up, and reload and get another many hours of enjoyment perfecting your strategy.

I cant stand playing on normal, the games are too short and epic isnt much longer either.

And I suppose I'll have to do just that to find out if fishing boats can pass through forts now.

Or I dont think it works, I'll just settle a city, improve the pearls in my borders, then gift the city to Sweden.

I dont think fishing boats can enter forts tiles. Unless you have a submarine fishing ship unique unit :D

No that was a thing in Civ IV.

I did this:

Spoiler :

Onto a new game now though.

Not sure, Marathon is 1500 turns in total, but I usually win around turn 700-900.

How many turns are there per the same time period as there is in Standard?

Well, like you see, thats 11th baktun, so it should be pretty late in standart speed.
11.0.0.0.0 is at turn 234, and this one is close to end, so it should be turn 300+, probably 350 ...

12.0.0.x is at year 2012 , but you cannot really compare both, as at marathon everything is way way slower :)

I cannot comprehend that mayan calender, but I appreciate the attention to detail the devs paid to implement such a feature.

Yeah that Mayan Calendar messes with me as well, but at least it lets you know when the next Baktun will be so you know when to expect the next great person.

Top Bottom