Missing Trait Icon in BUG

OrionVeteran

Deity
Adding a new trait in BUG.

I have successfully added a new trait: Scientific and given it to a new leaderhead.

My problem is I can't get BUG 4.4 to show the icon in the list of traits.

I have added this line to the "init" function in the TraitUtil.py file.

Code:
addTrait("SCIENTIFIC", gc.getCommerceInfo(CommerceTypes.COMMERCE_RESEARCH).getChar(), "Art/Interface/Buttons/Scientific/Research.dds")

I've tried moving the Research.dds file to several different locations and mods in an attempt to get it to work. It just won't show up. What have I left out? :confused:

Do you mean, there is a magenta colored block where your icon should be? Or do you mean, there is no icon at all, not even a magenta block? If you see the magenta block, does your mod have any other custom art which shows up correctly? Then the icon should be in the same "art" directory as your other art. Have you created other dds files using the same tool, so you are sure the file format is correct?

Do you mean, there is a magenta colored block where your icon should be? Or do you mean, there is no icon at all, not even a magenta block? If you see the magenta block, does your mod have any other custom art which shows up correctly? Then the icon should be in the same "art" directory as your other art. Have you created other dds files using the same tool, so you are sure the file format is correct?

There is no magenta colored block where my icon should be, nothing at all. I know the trait is good, because my new test leaderhead shows the Scientific trait when I set up a new game. I have created a multitude of WoC modules, each having several custom made dds files in their respective subfolders under Art. I have created a multitude of dds files for the mods I have published, but I did not create this dds file. I copied it out of one of the the game fpk files. So it is reasonable to assume the file is good, just not recognized for some reason. My guess, is that this file must be placed in a very specific place for it to be recognized by BUG. I just don't know where.

Solved the problem. I had to make an entry in the following BUG file:

BUG_CIV4NewConceptInfos.xml

Code:
<NewConceptInfo>
	<Type>CONCEPT_TRAIT_SCIENTIFIC</Type>
	<Description>TXT_KEY_TRAIT_SCIENTIFIC</Description>
	<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_TRAIT_SCIENTIFIC_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
</NewConceptInfo>

Once that was done, the icon showed up.

Top Bottom