Missionaries

spaceman98

Plotting something
I posted this in the RFGW forum but got no response:
Were missionaries in RFGW at the last patch? Or did something I do in my modding remove them?

I don't think that you can do something that makes the missionaries and just the missionaries be removed completly by accident. Look at CIV4UnitInfos.xml and search for the Hindu missionary f.e. It's possible that it has been commented out, or even removed completly.

I changed all the religions, but did not touch the missionaries. They are there.

Do you have logging and the python exception popups enabled?
It's possible that one missionary needs a RELIGION_... tag that doesn't exist anymore, but that kind of XML errors always leads to an error message for when the game loads.
If they just doesn't appear in the civopedia, keep in mind that some entries got removed in the RFC pedia (like the Hwacha)
Otherwise, they may have some constraints besides religion to be buildt or cost of -1, but usually those changes don't happen by accidents.

If none of the above work out, i would have to look at the whole thing. So you better release it;)

Looks like I broke my RFGW,as in really broke:(:cry:
How do you turn python exceptions on?
:thanx: for the help

Looks like I broke my RFGW,as in really broke:(:cry:
How do you turn python exceptions on?
:thanx: for the help

Go to "MyGames/BeyondtheSword" in My Files, there is a file called "Civilization4"; alternativly, you can follow a link in Program Files/(wherever you put it)/Civilization 4 that leads there. Open it and search (via Ctrl + F) "exception" and change the value there. Every value has a small description what it does exactly.
I also advise you to enable logging. Everytime you'll have a 'print(_some text_)' in your python code, it will put the text in MyGames/BeyondtheSword/logs/pythonDbg.txt. That is a huge help during coding.

Top Bottom