Mod Hoarding?

"Atleast six mods"

"I hoard mods"

Bahaha. My twenty six or so mods laugh at you.

That's impressive. I downloaded maybe 6-7 all at once and it caused my game to crash repeatedly. Unfortunately, because I downloaded them all at once it was impossible to tell which was causing the problme without tedious play-testing. Now I use one or two at most.

Wow, I'm running at a solid zero mods right now... The one I was running didn't update properly, I think.

That's impressive. I downloaded maybe 6-7 all at once and it caused my game to crash repeatedly. Unfortunately, because I downloaded them all at once it was impossible to tell which was causing the problme without tedious play-testing. Now I use one or two at most.
I find that if you set up a minimalist Marathon game, then add a mod every 10 turns, the next ten turns will demonstrate if there will be any incompatibility issues. Don't bother to try to actually accomplish anything; you'll just be dumping the game after 200-300 turns anyway. If the game crashes/freezes, dump the last mod added and install the next mod on the list.

Just having mods in the code gives them the opportunity to demonstrate their inability to coexist with at least one other mod. The only exception might be for those mods that don't become relevant until late in the game. (Like Reforestation, (which doesn't become active until you've researched Fertilizer), which nonetheless crashed my game which currently is in the mid-Classical Era.]

Top Bottom