[MODCOMP] AIAutoPlay

Yes, its a very real effect. I also see it most (but not all) of the time. The AI tech trade advantages don't apply to an automated human player for one thing. I think sometimes my civ just lucks into a tech lead or something and in that position it doesn't matter. Also, its kind of a fun challenge to set yourself a goal of playing a ratio of turns. Play 90 turns automated, then take over for 10, automate for 90, etc...

dunno why there is a dll, you can use the single python file from better bts ai.

Well, yes and no. The auto play functionality exists in the vanilla SDK, but what it does is kill the human player and then reincarnate them when automation is done. The SDK portion of this mod removes the human player kill and then temporarily disables the check of whether a player is human or not (so the AI plays for you ...).

Response to same question a month ago ...

I'm having trouble merging this with PIG mod.

I'm a bit of a python novice and have no idea how control jumps around these python files. I've got all the python from BUG 4.1 and Better AI and tried to mash them together but the end result is that AI autoplay is not working.

If anyone could please look at my python folder (attached) it would probably be a really silly mistake I'm making or something I'm missing.

EDIT... I have it working now. Attachment removed.

I'm interested on using AIAutoPlay for checking the performance of mods (see http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=10917205#post10917205). I need to "hack" AIAutoPlay so it starts automatically after loading / starting a game for a given number of turns. After that amount of turns, Civilization should be closed completely.

Sadly, my knowledge of python is not great. No matter what I change, I only manage to break the mod (the keyboard shortcut stops working). Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you!

3 questions:
1. Why is it that when I open Autoplay window and choose any nr of turns the civ i'm playing with is immediately erased from the game?
2. Exactly what @Terkhen said
3. Is there anyway to change the limit to 50 civs in AI Autoplay?

Thanks for any replies.
P.S. I know this thread has been dead for 9 years

Last edited:
I think I ended up giving up on measuring performance, but I ended up doing something very similar to what I describe in my previous post in order to compile a special build that would launch AIAutoPlay automatically after starting a game. The goal was to detect OOS errors in multiplayer games automatically. The C++ code for this can be found here:

https://bitbucket.org/Terkhen/extra...845cc57c87a#LCvGameCoreDLL/CvInitCore.cppT355

Top Bottom