ModComp

Toryn

Chieftain
Hey David,

Any chance you could make this a modcomp and allow the mod to be integrated into the Epic Game?

Maybe a counter based off the number of squares in the game that have pollution or fallout?..Number of starving cities and recent pop loss could also factor in. And some random factor to keep the player on his toes.

-Seems like this would work as you would have pollution and fallout coupled with massive pop loss over a turn in a nuclear war. An intense conflict or massive pollution could also trigger the event, which seems to be somewhat realistic.

At a certain threshold the counter would trigger a 'global collapse' that shatters the world over a few turns and forces the player to choose a couple units or cities and open up a restricted tech tree.

-Raider path vs civilian survivor vs military path maybe?

Interesting idea. The result of the map generator is supposed to be "similar" to what a regular Civ game might have generated, on a pangaea map, if there had been a sudden nuclear war. The distribution of cities, towns and highways should be about right.

I am not sure how to get from a mid or late game nuclear war, into a Fury Road scenario. The leaders in Fury Road are random, lucky(?) survivors. One guy was in a jail. One guy was in a government bunker. So if you had a multiplayer game with a nuclear war, none of the survivor leaders would necessarily correspond to any of the original players. I suppose from the standpoint of one human player, that might not matter. You had some position, there was a war, and then you wind up with a random survivor leader. The other random survivor leaders are scattered around the map.

Would it be "fun" to go from a built-up nuclear capable position, to one random group of survivors?

I think it would be pretty cool actually, the opportunity to destroy the world and then attempt to rebuild civilization in the ruins of your old civilization is a much bigger 'emotional pull' than a randomly generated map.

In some ways incorporating the mod into the epic game would add a backstory...Imagine discovering the ruins of the first city you founded, or the site of the first skirmish/battlefield that sparked the nuclear apocalypse...Sending units over to the wasteland of the enemy that started (or finished the conflict)...

One way to get around the leader issue would be to just keep your current leader traits and have a prompt of something like "Mr. President, the missiles are inbound, where should we evacuate to?" Answers could be 'Military bunker at XXXX city, or scientific research bunker at XXXX city etc...

I'm not sure how to manage the transition from one "game" to another. But, I could imagine a program which reads your savegame and "furies" it. (I just made up a word!) In other words it could read your map, and use that as a starting point. It would remove some cities, turn all the remaining cities and towns into ruins, put a lot of fallout, and then do the normal new-game setup for Fury Road. So you would have that experience of encountering your city in ruins.

I haven't done any work on modding in the last few (10?) months. But, that's an interesting idea, and I will keep it on my list of possible projects.

Top Bottom