[C3C] Modifying an Existing Scenario

timerover51

Deity
How does one go about deleting or removing buildings, Wonders (both Great and Small), and units from an existing scenario?

Does removing the unit or building delete those already placed on the map, or does one have to remove the buildings and units individually?

Does one also have to remove the Civilopedia entries, and artwork for the item removed?

IF Buildings or Units are removed from the Biq they cannot show in game and any Art or Civilopedia work will not show even if left in the game files.
IF a Building Auto-produces a Unit and is only available from Auto-production, that Unit would need to be Removed from the Biq

If a Unit is Auto-produced from a Building but can also be built directly and is already placed in the game, those units would have to be removed from the Cities or Map using the Map in the Biq.

It is best to check what the Building allows or if it is used as a prerequisite to make sure deleting it will not cause other game problems.

Last edited:
IF Buildings or Units are removed from the Biq they cannot show in game and any Art or Civilopedia work will not show even if left in the game files.
IF a Building Auto-produces a Unit and is only available from Auto-production, that Unit would need to be Removed from the Biq

If a Unit is Auto-produced from a Building but can also be built directly and is already placed in the game, those units would have to be removed from the Cities or Map using the Map in the Biq.

It is best to check what the Building allows or if it is used as a prerequisite to make sure deleting it will not cause other game problems.
Thanks for the reply. I may print it out for reference purposes while I work on the selected scenario. It looks like it will take quite a lot of work.

Thanks for the reply. I may print it out for reference purposes while I work on the selected scenario. It looks like it will take quite a lot of work.
Actually the only thing that will take much time at all is checking each Building to see if it Auto-produces a Unit and Checking all other Buildings to make sure none of them Requires any of the Buildings you are removing as a Prerequisite for something else.
Also check if any of the Buildings are used in any way toward Government Changes.
Best if you first make a List of the Buildings you want to Remove so you can use the list for checking things in the Biq.

I might continue to pick your brain in the future, Vuldacon. I plan on making several back-up files, and keep the original biq file from the scenario untouched.

Top Bottom