Mods for me

sammoraj

Warlord
I havent played Civ 5 in ages, for rather obvious reasons. However by now somebody has probably made some mods. What are some good ones so I dont have to find out by trial and error. :)

steam>workshop tab>civ 5>read the descriptions

I havent played Civ 5 in ages, for rather obvious reasons.
Wouldn't know what these reasons are. BNW is fine, not perfect, but it's fine. If you have some rather obvious reasons not to like Civ5, then you might want to tell us what exactly is bothering you, because that's when we can start suggesting mods that will change these things for you and make the game feel better. ;)

What version of Civ do you have? Just Vanilla or with one or both expansions? What version you have will limit the mod options for you.

Here's some bit superficial that don't change core systems but are sweet:

Ethnic Units
- Graphics for units to represent their nations

Cultural Start Locations
- Civs and city-states spawn close to their "group", like European Civs and c-s:s , Middle-eastern civs and c-s:s. I feel it's fun

City-state Leaders for BNW
- Gives leaderheads for City-states

Well I got Civ 5 when it first came out, and beat it on deity on my third game. Then I got Brave new world a while ago. Its much better, but still kinda a little tame. But its been a while since then so hopefully by now there are some great mods. I want to know what mods you guys play with that are good.

That depends. There's a whole world of different kinds of mods. Are you looking for new civilizations, graphic overhauls, new mapscripts, better AI, or what we call in the modding forums "Mod Components" e.g. Slavery, imperialism, more luxuries...

More content for sure, There is just less to do in Civ 5 over Civ 4. And a better AI, It is still too easy to thrash the AI with only a few units. More Luxuries is a must. Its pointless calling it Civilization if all i can build is a couple of cities. Might as well call it City-States. Graphics is less important to me, its more about the replay ability.

Based on your CiV version and wants, let me suggest...

*Grave's "History in the Making II Modpack: Brave New World Edition"

*Putmalk's "Civ IV Diplomatic Features"

*Barathor's "More Luxuries and Optimized Resource Distribution"

All great, nothing super game-changing but all with good tweaks and fixes!

You probably have enough drive space to download the necessary mods.. I was suggesting that since most people now have a large amount of hd space now... at least i do... filling up a hd with all sorts of mods could use your unused hd space. ..

More content for sure, There is just less to do in Civ 5 over Civ 4. And a better AI, It is still too easy to thrash the AI with only a few units. More Luxuries is a must. Its pointless calling it Civilization if all i can build is a couple of cities. Might as well call it City-States. Graphics is less important to me, its more about the replay ability.
Barathor's More Luxuries and Optimized Distribution Mod discussion page

Ninakoru's Smart AI Mod discussion page

Not exactly what you asked for, but here are some other really popular mods:
Info Addict
Enhanced User Interface [EUI]
Revolutions Modpack
Regiment and Ethnic Diversity Modpack [R.E.D]
whoward69's Pick'N'Mix DLL Mods

Top Bottom