Mods suggestions for a comeback

Bill Murray

Chieftain
Hello, fellow players of civ V.
It has been quite sometime from my last game with civ V, let's say years :)
Anyway, since i'd really like to play this gama again, can you please point me towards some good mods out there?
Maybe something that overhauls the game entirely, adding variables and the likes.
Thanks in advance!

Hi there,
the list above will ensure a different game experience. I would like to add some other elements:
- Really advanced setup will let you customize the start&game in many ways (the most famous game on youtube might be Marbozir´s game with the Netherlands, just to give you an idea of all the possibilities).
- Hellblazer´s map pack will lead to more balanced starts. It is designed for the multiplayer environment but functions very well for single play as well. I like it very much for coastal civs in particular. (There are a lot of games on youtube for you to check out, for example almost any streaming player in the NQ group uses those. As an example babayetu has a lot of games if you want to get a feel for it).
- There are many different civs available for download on Steam these days. Some of them might be a little too good, but they will definitely add to the gaming experience.
- Last but not least, I want to make sure that you are aware of all the games that we share on this forum. The most famous ones are probably Game of the Month and the Gauntlets. However, in the Strategy&Tips section you will find a lot of games for you to try out. You can find many of them in the threads Enjoyable Deity Games (EDGE) and Other Enjoyable Civilization V Games (OECG) respectively. In the EDGE thread there is also a subseries called MIDGE, which uses modded civs. All in all EDGE, MIDGE and OECG offer nearly 140 different games to play and compare and we are adding games more or less on a weekly basis.

Vox Populi. 100% better than vanilla.

My idea was not to state that something is better than something else. VP has its merits and the only thing I wanted to accomplish, is to point out that there are many possibilities with BNW as well. Bill will for sure decide for himself.

Top Bottom