More DLC?

InsidiousMage

Emperor
I'm mostly a console player so I don't really follow PC specific news sites so I was wondering if there has been any word on more DLC for the game in the future? I love Sacred and Profane but its also made other parts of the game feel kind of shallow in comparison, like interactions with your nation's families, and I would really like to see other areas of the game get additional work as well.

I would also love to see more nations added (India, Armenia, and China come to mind) plus more dynasties like Greece got and maybe even unique families for each nation to help them feel more varied.

There is definitely more DLC coming. I don't have any more info than that sorry. :)

There is definitely more DLC coming. I don't have any more info than that sorry. :)
Could you extend the number of rounds and technology tree ? I get addicted with the game the first time I played it, the only thing I don't like is the short number of rounds as I used to play marathon in civ. If you publish new DLCs, I will definity buy it.

Could you extend the number of rounds and technology tree ? I get addicted with the game the first time I played it, the only thing I don't like is the short number of rounds as I used to play marathon in civ. If you publish new DLCs, I will definity buy it.
When setting up a new game, go into advanced setup and turn off time victory. That removes the 200 turn limit.

There's nothing available to extend the tech tree though. The game is meant to end around the approximate time the Roman Empire fell.

When setting up a new game, go into advanced setup and turn off time victory. That removes the 200 turn limit.

There's nothing available to extend the tech tree though. The game is meant to end around the approximate time the Roman Empire fell.
Yeah, I know it , however, if I turn off time victory, there are still points victory, in my experience, AI could acheive points victory before 200 turn even if I set points to win to high level (I just played third difficulty as Rome, AI Hatti has achieved 103/108 points at 165 turn). If I turn off points victory, there will be no victory condition, how to count the victory in this situation ? To eliminate all enemies?

I saw your elaborated design for this game , player needs to carefully balancing external and internal pressure, using limited order to take wise action, the random tech also add some uncertainty, I hope this pleasure could be longer, not ended in 200 turns.

Time victory is off by default, there's no turn limit under the default settings, so you win by points or ambitions. If you want to play longer, there's the higher VP threshold as you saw. If you want to play indefinitely, the best setting is probably to only leave the Ambition victory on. AI cannot win by ambitions and you can delay your final ambitions as much as you want. So with only the ambition victory enabled, you can definitely play for 200+ turns.

It should be noted though the game wasn't really designed for such long matches. In my experience, you'll finish the tech tree by turn 150 anyway even without a science-heavy approach, and the late techs also give you some very powerful tools so if you play beyond 200 turns, you'll probably have a booming economy with nearly infinite resources, discontent will be all but eliminated, which removes pressure from the families, etc.

Sorry, I think it's more typical from countries who thought they "won" the cold war and that democracry and peace were becoming obvious for the whole world. A nice illusion.
Where were you?

The place that lost the Cold War. Let's put it this way, while there was a lot less discontent in my area due to changes in diplomatic status, a booming economy was definitely not among the defining traits of the period!

Well, I guess people like me, that are now looking for ungrowth, or at least to review their relationship with the initial desire of "infinite resources" (because of its environmental & society impacts) is a luxury that is not always recognized as such. Thanks for reminding me.

Top Bottom