Most Civs are war-hungry?

JustStarted

Chieftain
I really don't know for you guys,but in my games,most of the Civs are really military-oriented. Just for example:

Greece - Alex tries really hard to piss off everyone. In my games,he always ends up near Germany. Guess which war is first in game and guess who wins. :lol:

Germany - They really kick Alex's ass in my games. Agressive Civ.

Mongolia - In my games they always settle near all,just to piss off everyone.

England,France,Russia and Sweeden - They are like time bombs. If someone touches them,they will s**ew him badly.

Shoshone - They like to "pee" they territory. They get a lot of territory in early game. They are also naturaly agressive.

Didn't try others,but I will do my best to try them out. :)

Not all civs are militaristic. All can be aggressive but not even half of them aim to dominate others.
Reasons why they are aggressive to you and other civs:

•You settle cities close to their cities (eventually leads to contested-borders).
•Warmongers and expansionists pick on the weak (you have a weak army).
•You chose to deny their request (makes them hostile gradually).
•You attacked a city-state which a civ pledged to protect and was an ally.
•You have a puny empire compared to other civs.
•In G&K, you adopted a policy in which a civ doesn't believe in.

Aggressive: Greece, Rome, Huns, Mongols, Germany, Zulu, Japan, Aztec, Sweden, Carthage, France. These are the highest "Military flavoured" civs. THis does not mean they are likely to attack you, it is just likely that they will have a strong army, for offense or defense.

England is in the category of "Defenders of the Free World"; Conquer a City state and wham!
In addition, they are also in the category in which they hate warmongers.

I still love how one game Mongols stabbed me in the back early after I was too close to them on startup. And another game they didn't even settle a 2nd city until after well over 100 turns, and were my best friend the whole time. Though I did convince him to go to war with venice, which is probably a lot of why lol.

I actually notice that BNW has resulted in a reduction in early-game war, although they still go for it later in the game. In fact there's a lot in BNW to make early war (of conquest anyway) harder, like moving Iron Working to a later point in the tree, making Catapults not require iron (they're strong defensive units as well as great for bombarding cities), and it seems like the game goosed up the attack of cities, especially when it's attacking units that are from an earlier era than the city is. I've had a city in the Industrial Era attack a Ship of the Line, followed by a Crossbow shot, and put it into the red. The combination didn't do the same to my Riflemen, though, those being Industrial units in BNW. You can have an attack fail just due to this even when your units outclass the enemy's units -- just because of the city attack.

Early in the game you and the AI both achieve new eras very quickly, but it takes a lot longer in turns to go from Industrial to Modern than from Ancient to Classical, even if you beeline. That seems to give everyone a longer window to capture cities. Anyway that's what I'm seeing -- most of the warmongering is late in the game, both by me and by the AI.

Germany, Mongolia and Shoshones nearly never annoyed me in my games. I just send a caravan to them and they offer a few turns later DoF. I was never backstabbed by them.
You can add Spain, Denmark to aggresive ones.

Germany, The Huns and Celts can go from zero to war in 0.6 seconds I find. The other civs seem to slow boil more.

Huh.. the celts would go to war. So will Japan or maybe even Russia.

Top Bottom