Multiplayer Questions

Vaney168

Warlord
I have wanted to play multiplayer on Civ3 but can't seem to find any matches, do I have to have gamespy installed to be able to play Civ3 against another person? and there is a friend I would like to play against is it possible just to play against them or do I have to play against random people?

What version of Civ3 are you using PTW or C3C? If your using PTW there may not be that many people are games listed in the PTW lobby, as most Civ3 players have moved to C3C. The Civ3 lobbies are already powered by Gamespy, so you don't need to install Gamespy it comes with the game. You can install Gamespy Arcade to chat outside the game as once you are in game you can not communicate with players in the lobby. www.gamespyarcade.com But this is not mandatory just an option.

CS

I have C3C, but when I try to connect on the Internet Multiplayer option it wont allow me to connect, it will just say timed out and vertify internet connection, I am already connected to the internet but it wont work, thats why I was wondering if I had to have it installed

Top Bottom