Multiplayer Subforum

I've asked to admins to open a new subforum for Multiplayer discussions.
I'm still determined to make MP work at best and we can use the subforum to setup multiplayer games and for testing and bug reporting purposes.
Also, we can share best options to play in multiplayer and suggestion/advices.
Currently (rev1032) PBEM is working fine and DirectIP is working although there are some OOS problem that I'm trying to fix. Pitboss isn't working properly (many OOS) but I plan to fix that one too if I'm able to.

Edit: we can also use this section of the forum to share stories about our RAND games, both multiplayer or single player games.

Last edited:
Here's an OoS problems I've been having lately.

After playing quick rounds up to turn 400 now we're having OoS around turn 40.

One thing that stands out is that my year jumps from 1800BC to 2400AD suddenly. Any reloads always OoS after that.

Sub forum created, my apologies that it took so long.

Best of luck in making this work. :thumbsup:

No need to apologize, thank you leif and thank you Leoreth for your support. :)

Here's an OoS problems I've been having lately.

After playing quick rounds up to turn 400 now we're having OoS around turn 40.

One thing that stands out is that my year jumps from 1800BC to 2400AD suddenly. Any reloads always OoS after that.

Too little info (gamespeed, nr of players, gameoptions)... Anyway never happened to me that year jumps from 1800BC to 2400AD (game ends in 2200 AD anyway); either you updated from one (very old) revision to another or you messed up XML files.

So this is the forum to try to get an MP together?

Yep, just open a new thread and see if someone is willing to join you. You can discuss options, MP mode (PBEM, direct ip) and report problems you might have while playing in MP.

this is good i have been looking for a long time for some way to find others to play a mp game with

this is good i have been looking for a long time for some way to find others to play a mp game with

Maybe others are doing the same here on the forum. If you look for other players just start a thread to set up a game with other forum users. I've never played a game up to the last turn but I'm not that far in a game with my wife. I had to pause that game because I'm busy in fixing bugs and working on the next update. But once I'm done with that game, I'll definitely run a couple more test games, probably with RyoHazuki if he's willing and has time for helping me. Then I would like to try some game with more than 2 players.

If you start a game with someone, any feedback on MP experience will be useful.

Hey i am planning a Lan Party with 4 People for Friday and am hoping to get the mod to work for us, is there any way to achieve this with as few OOS as possible ( none if possible)
I'd love to see a writedown or settings file for a MP capable config!

Hey i am planning a Lan Party with 4 People for Friday and am hoping to get the mod to work for us, is there any way to achieve this with as few OOS as possible ( none if possible)
I'd love to see a writedown or settings file for a MP capable config!

No OOS is impossible. Even in plain BTS OOS happens from time to time.
Anyway I've posted a list of suggestions here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/suggested-options-for-multiplayer.573851/#post-14419496
Make sure you follow them to the letter or you'll run into troubles.
I've been able to play past half modern era with some OOS, 2 players only. Also, when you finish your turn, before you start playing the next one, I suggest you let the game "cool down", especially after Medieval Era: I've noticed that possibly because of different calculation speeds, the game often goes OOS if a player starts playing before calculations are finished on the other player's pc. So my suggestion is, when you start a turn and for example a diplomacy window opens or a city's building list opens, wait until you are sure other pc have finished their calculations, usually a few seconds but depending on mapsize and number of civs might go up to a minute in modern era. Tedious, I know, but I've been able to play more than 60 turns in Modern Era, which means almost 3 hours of gameplay, without OOS: this is really a great achievement for this mod.
Good luck and please let me know your experience. Thanks.

So I just started a game with 2 friends, all 3 of us using main, megacivpack. and custom leaderheads pack. I can do 2 players and it will work just fine. 3 players however, will not work at all. We load, and then the game either: 1)We have no starting units to play. 2)We have units, but the game is stuck and we can't do anything with them.

How do we play with more than 2 people?

So I just started a game with 2 friends, all 3 of us using main, megacivpack. and custom leaderheads pack. I can do 2 players and it will work just fine. 3 players however, will not work at all. We load, and then the game either: 1)We have no starting units to play. 2)We have units, but the game is stuck and we can't do anything with them.

How do we play with more than 2 people?

Long time I don't try more than 2 players but I see no reason why it shouldn't work. I will try when I can, to make sure it still works. I recall there was a problem when more than 2 players were joining the game but they could not connect at all (there's a workaround described here in the MP forum, it involves changing yourself hosts file); but it looks like you are reporting something different.

@RaTeedus, I've run a quick test using my 3 pc in my Lan and I had no troubles connecting and playing a couple of turns. The only thing I can think of is the setting of the hosts file (see the second post of the Suggested Options for Multiplayer thread). Let me know if you manage to play with your friends.

@RaTeedus, I've run a quick test using my 3 pc in my Lan and I had no troubles connecting and playing a couple of turns. The only thing I can think of is the setting of the hosts file (see the second post of the Suggested Options for Multiplayer thread). Let me know if you manage to play with your friends.
Using evolve we cant even see eachothers games on lan. With vanilla and FFH2 we can see eachother games under lan. This mod just refuses to work with more than 2 people.

Using evolve we cant even see eachothers games on lan. With vanilla and FFH2 we can see eachother games under lan. This mod just refuses to work with more than 2 people.

No, it does not. As I've explained, I've just tried and it works. Either there is something wrong in your settings or you are not following the right procedure. I haven't tried with Evolve yesterday, but I've tried in the past and it was working so that's probably not an issue.
Are you following the procedure I described in the other thread? Did you set your hosts file? Are you trying to connect using the LAN option in the main menu or are you using Direct Ip? If you give me more details, I can try and help you.

Edit: which timezone are you in? Maybe we can try a connection during the weekend.

Last edited:
No, it does not. As I've explained, I've just tried and it works. Either there is something wrong in your settings or you are not following the right procedure. I haven't tried with Evolve yesterday, but I've tried in the past and it was working so that's probably not an issue.
Are you following the procedure I described in the other thread? Did you set your hosts file? Are you trying to connect using the LAN option in the main menu or are you using Direct Ip? If you give me more details, I can try and help you.

Edit: which timezone are you in? Maybe we can try a connection during the weekend.

I'm in Central Timezone.

@RaTeedus, have you been able to play with your friends? RyoHazuki and me have reached turn 485/600, year 1985AD. Although we suffered from OOS from time to time (every 10 turns at worst for some time), lately we've played up to 25 turns without OOS (and counting), so it's definitely playable especially if you use the trick described in the other thread to load the savegame faster. We plan to finish the game during the next few weeks.
By the way Central timezone do you mean UTC-5? I'm in Central European Timezone which means UTC+2 but maybe we can try a connection with multiple players someday during a weekend if you wish.

Top Bottom