Multiple Research Mod (BTS 3.19)

stolenrays

Deity
Multiple Research Mod v1.1
This mod changes the use of :science:. When :science: is more than enough to finish researching the current technology, overflow floods from overflow capacity and is used to start researching the next technology chosen immediately, as opposed to wasted. The Game Option can be turned on/off.

The modification was only to a 5 C++ files. The Mod includes the Changed C++ files plus a working mod. Enjoy. This Mod's components were not made by me, but I isolated and repacked the code from Afforess's ROM: A New Dawn.

-----Game Play-----
-:science: overflow after successfully researching one technology helps to start researching the next technology.
-A Custom Game Option in to turn the feature on/off.

-----Note to Modmakers-----
-In the SDK files I have added Multiple Research Mod START and Multiple Research Mod END in all of the places that changes to the original files were made.

-----Version History-----

----Future Plans------
-Fix text bug of displaying correct tech amount after researching new tech.

Version 1.1
-SDK Additions from C2C
-Added Concept text
-Added Readme & Changelog Texts
-Custom GameOption

Version 1.0
-Standalone Mod ported from A New Dawn BTS 3.19

Download

Attachments

• MultipleResearch.jpg
    MultipleResearch.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 267
I am trying to merge this modcomp with my build of Fall from Heaven 2. I copied the modified parts (marked with Multiple Research comments) to my code without problems (besides removing an assert, these parts of the code are unmodified in FFH2). After this, Civilization crashes on start up with the following stack trace:

Code:
CvGameCoreDLL.dll!CvGameOptionInfo::getDefault()  Line 23506 + 0x3 bytes	C++
CvGameCoreDLL.dll!CvInitCore::setDefaults()  Line 130 + 0x17 bytes	C++
CvGameCoreDLL.dll!CvInitCore::reset(GameMode eMode)  Line 124	C++
CvGameCoreDLL.dll!CvInitCore::init(GameMode eMode)  Line 98	C++

Since it crashes while loading the GameOptionInfos, I'm assuming that I missed something on my conversion or that the files posted here are missing some change. I'm attaching a file that shows the changes I did to merge this modcomp with my code. Can you point me in the right direction? :)

I managed to make it work in FFH2. Thanks! :)

I noticed a small bug. In the first turn of a research, the extra beakers from the previous one do not appear in the research bar tooltip (it will appear as 0/54 for example). In the next turn both the extra beakers and the normal beakers from the previous turn are taken into account.

I managed to make it work in FFH2. Thanks! :)

I noticed a small bug. In the first turn of a research, the extra beakers from the previous one do not appear in the research bar tooltip (it will appear as 0/54 for example). In the next turn both the extra beakers and the normal beakers from the previous turn are taken into account.

I was thinking about this small bug now that I have some more sdk experience. I think this has to do with how the gametextmanager.cpp is coded probably because it is showing up, but just late.

Hmm I thought the overflowing beakers are added to the next research automatically in BTS?
It will still display as 0/200 when you start researching, but after the first turn, you see that xx/200 is not = research per turn, but research per turn + overflowed beakers

Hmm I thought the overflowing beakers are added to the next research automatically in BTS?
It will still display as 0/200 when you start researching, but after the first turn, you see that xx/200 is not = research per turn, but research per turn + overflowed beakers

I agree

Top Bottom