My Civ 5 Games (with mods) crash in the Medieval Era!

Kiwiwriter

Chieftain
This keeps happening. I'm sailing along with the game, then at a "Game Turn" change, the music stops with a scratchy sound...the game freezes...the music resumes a second or two later...and the game crashes a second or two after that! :cringe:

Why is this happening? Does anyone have an ideas, besides shooting the computer? :crazyeye:

Inquiring minds want to know! :)

This is almost certainly an issue with a malformed mod, or a conflict between two mods that are not actually compatible.

The problem with diagnosing the exact issue is that you've provided no usable information to go on.

An example: new civilization mods that were never updated for G&K or BNW will crash the game when the first player (human or AI) enters the renaissance era because those mods will not have a list of Spy Names for the Civilization to use -- this results in exactly what you are describing.

Unfortunately there any number of other causes of this behavior that can come from bad mods or mods that are not compatible. So in order to have any hope of giving you advice on what to look into, more information is needed.

Sounds like I should go through the list of mods and start ditching those that are NOT updated for Gods and Kings and/or Brave New World, as I play Brave New World. :scan:

Thank you for your assistance...and I recognize Balok from "The Corbomite Maneuver." I always wonder what happened to Ensign Bailey? :)

The crashes seem to take place when an AI civilization gets a "Wonder of the World" and the icon drops down the screen. It stops halfway down...the music stops...then it starts...then the icon hits bottom and the screen goes black.

Does that help, folks?

Just the artificial intelligence, not a specific civilization, and while not in a specific turn, it does so in the Medieval Era. :crazyeye:

I am beginning to think there is a hole in some of the World Wonder mods that turn up in the Medieval Era. :confused:

I should start by deleting stand-alone World Wonders that turn up in the Medieval Era that I have not seen working properly. :cringe:

The last such crash came when the Canadians under Lester Pearson built Machu Picchu. That civ is also a mod, so I should probably NOT play with any civs from a mod as well. :confused:

Time for another experiment, I guess! Thanks for the help so far! :)

Great Avatar, by the way. :)

Does this happen whenever anyone builds a wonder, or does it only happen with a specific civ and/or a specific wonder? Does the crash always happen on the same turn?

I just checked your page and was impressed by your civilizations. Some I see, are mods of JFD's civilizations, which I have also downloaded, played, and used. One time I had the bizarre situation of the game having TWO British civilizations at once...mine and the AI's. That was WEIRD!!!!!! :lol:

I'm going to pull out some Wonder mods that come up in the Medieval Era and see if their removal enables me to play the game. :thumbsup:

I'll let you know how this comes out! :crazyeye:

Thanks for all the help! :)

Top Bottom