Narrowing Members Online Line

Patine

Deity
Is there a way to set one's view of Membes Online to only show those viewing a particular forum at that time - like only viewing the Civ2, or Civ6, or Other Games Forums, for instance?

Going by my experience with the Invision forums that had that feature enabled, it was possible with that type of forum software. But even then it was only accurate to within 5-10 minutes. By the time someone showed up on the list (assuming they hadn't set their preferences to stealth mode), they could already be somewhere else.

I don't know if it would be possible with XenForo. I've never really paid much attention to the Who's Online list much, so I never noticed.

If you want to know if a specific member is somewhere, you can take a look at their profile page. If they're not in stealth mode, their whereabouts should be visible to you.

If you mouse over their forum name the pop up will show you where they were, sometimes where they are. :)
Do you mean mousing over the USER name? Mousing over a forum name giver me next to nothing of use.

Not to mention it only works if the preferences are set to allow others to see this information. Remember that staff can see everything, but members can only see what we're allowed to see.

Do you mean mousing over the USER name? Mousing over a forum name giver me next to nothing of use.
Sorry, I thought everyone could do that. :hmm:

The deep state is present even here.

I don't mean what the staff allows us to see. Some people set their accounts so nobody can see any part of it that isn't in the public forums. You can't see their profile information or even send a PM.

It's just that staff can see everything anyway and tend to forget that we can't.

Yes, mousing over the user will show their location and last visited date, unless restricted by their privacy settings.

Probably the closest to what you are looking for would be hovering over a name in the "Members Online" area:

1703802383217.png

I have confirmed that this works even if you are not signed in to CivFanatics. If it doesn't tell you anything about someone, it's due to their privacy settings.

I do not believe there is a way to see who is active within a forum, beyond going through each member in "Members Online" and asking yourself, "is that thread likely to be in the [Civ4] forum?"

Also, note that IIRC it's only updated when a new thread/area of CFC is viewed. So it may not be full up to date.

Top Bottom