Need an estimation of AI's spaceship launch turn (standard standard Pangaea Deity)

maltz

King
Deity, Standard speed, Standard sized Pangaea. All default settings. I am playing Culture.

On turn 234, Hiawatha of Iroquois completes the Appolo program.
He is at war with 2 neighbors (Alex and Genghis Khan), but is not losing or winning the war.

I need about 60 more turns (? rough estimate) to finish the Utopia project.

Hiawatha's tech completion was about 80%, the same as the tech leader Alexander 81%.

I am trying to decide whether to (1) invade Hiawatha (entire army happens to be nearby) or (2) leave him be and fight another war. I am about to face a major invasion from Genghis Khan and Alex, too.

Please give an estimation turn of Hiawatha's spaceshipt launch. Thanks.

In my experience a space finish for an AI on around turn 280-290 is early and 310-320 is about average. Hiawatha having Apollo done at that time is fairly standard and it sounds as if there's plenty of other factors to keep him occupied so I'd predict sometime around turn 300(if he doesn't get distracted and start doing other things). Do everything you can for the rest of the game to keep him at war and I'd bet that you're going to be sweet.

Thanks. I went back to my OCC Science game and counted the turns needed to build all parts in one super capital - about 90 turns on Marathon. That's only 30 turns on Standard speed. I will make a save and try both ways.

Just to answer myself...
I loaded the save 2 turns ago and bribed Hiawatha into multiple wars.
That's enough to delay his Apollo project from T234 to T258.

Don't know how long it will take to finish it, since I constantly bribe him into multiple wars. (And my game ended he built the first spaceship part.)

Seems my AIs won't build spaceships since they dream of world conquest.

Augustus entered future era, didn't build apollo program. Lost because I won cultural.

Thanks. I went back to my OCC Science game and counted the turns needed to build all parts in one super capital - about 90 turns on Marathon. That's only 30 turns on Standard speed. I will make a save and try both ways.

Really? That seems incredibly fast. ALL the parts, from ONE city in 90 turns on Marathon?

I'm just asking because I just finished my first science win on marathon and even though I built all the parts simultaneously around my empire, if I had done it just in the capital it would have taken well over 90 turns.
So either my production rate is awful or you are not being very accurate.

I've recently seen turn 200-205ish Apollo Program finished on Deity Continents. Definitely was a runaway though. And AIs definitely don't run through the final techs and complete the parts as fast as a human can.

Top Bottom