Need an overhaul, or perhaps just a tweak?

pylit

Chieftain
I have Civ 4 with no expansions and update 1.73(?) installed.

I'm trying to win a pacifist strategy that seems to always foil between 1700AD and 1900AD. My most recent game pretty much sums them all up. I got a really good starting position on a very long and curving river (3 cities eventually built on it) with access to stone. Playing the Chinese civ with Financial and Industrious on level Noble. I was able to build 8 cities and then went nuts with the villages, by year 1500 or so I'm 0% on economy, 70% science, and 30% culture. Most cities have every +culture/+happy/+money building possible. My neighbors are Rome and Greece and they're both pleased with me through constant trade. My civics are all at the bottom -- all the enlightened stuff. I'm about 5 techs in front of the rest of the pack and everything is running fine when the Greeks attack with about 3 zillion pieces.

Well, I couldn't build all that stuff previously mentioned without skimping somewhere, and that's my military. Each of my cities only has 1-2 pieces defending. This is the obvious place to point a finger; but, how much defense do I really need to keep pleased and well paid off neighbors from attacking me?

Not sure how much the AI thinks, but perhaps my cities are a threat since they're generating so much culture it's basically an attack on any neighboring civ's border cities.

Is this just overall a bad strat, or does it just need some minor tweaking?

Sorry, wrong forum. You should post this under the CIV4 forum not CivRev.

How come so many people can't seem to post in the right forum?

Top Bottom