Newbie question on GPT

Aonym

Chieftain
Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster here. I have a question I hop eyou can help me with. I have been playing on king level,huge map, marathon,20 civs for a while now and I am noticeing a trend recently. I usually win more games than I lose using different stratagies.

So, the last few games have gone normaly until around year 1900ish, sometimes earlier, sometimes later. What happens is one civ will suddenly go from a normal gpt amount to right around 1500 gpt, and it stays that way for the rest of the game. When that happens I can't compete, they are sitting on over 100,000 gold and just destroy everyone.

Is this normal? I could understand if it were an increase over time, but it really seems to happen very suddenly.

Hm... 1500 gpt? that's a lot of money. I'm sure the AI gets bonuses the gold, the only thing I can think of is Machu Picchu and Trade Routes, which I've noticed increase the income by a LOT, usually when my cities are unconnected I make about 1-15 gold per turn, but once my cities become connected it rises to 50-100. Not to mention Golden Eras increase Gold income as well.

Huge map and marathon make this possible. Close to the 20th century it's normal to see huge amount of gpt

Could also be because they went on a conquroring spree and picked up a lot of puppets.

Top Bottom