[BTS] News: BOTM 170 Emperor Roosevelt starts 17 February

Ooof, hopefully you mean temporarily occupied and not of the "somebody nicked it on the train" type of stealing, because that would probably invalidate any game you had going anyway. To be on point, however, the countdown here looks pretty accurate: http://gotm.civfanatics.net/submit/civ-gotm-new.php

Trying to get to the end myself, and I'm slow as hell, so it's not a sure thing. We'll see... For some reason I kinda forgot about this game for 3 weeks or whatever.

You have until the end of the day at the international date line to finish a gotm.
This page shows how much time is left http://gotm.civfanatics.net/ [as I'm posting this 2 days, 19 hours]

And there is slightly more time as the minutes aren't listed but the time listed is rounded down. So many games I've checked and rechecked that countdown as I've rushed to finish. :)
And what Pangaea said, restarting the game is not allowed. Major sympathy for loss of laptop. :(

If you had to start over then yeah, but it's not really for me to say as I'm not part of the staff. If it's the exact same game and you simply continued it on another laptop (the save stored on cloud or dropbox or whatever), I would imagine it's okay, but I have no idea what BUFFY does in the background or what decision the staff will take on the matter.

Looks like I'll be able to finish my game, which is nice. At least two days left still :)

Edit: Very off-topic, but who is that guy playing guitar?

Don't know to what extent this applies in this case, but I found these rules from the Intro GOTM page.
A Brief Summary of the Procedures
  • Read the rules of the competition here. Please note the two over-riding rules:
    1. Do Not Reload A Save To Change Any Move, Outcome Or Decision.
      This Includes Replaying From The Start.
    2. If you are uncertain about whether an action is an exploit, you should contact the staff before doing it.
  • Get the game information and download the start file using the links on these pages
  • Play the game, avoiding unnecessary reloading, and avoiding looking at spoilers you shouldn't.
  • Civ3 Players: Save and submit your .SAV file after you have finished here.
  • Civ4 Players: Submit the .Civ4SavedGame, .CivWarlordsSave or .CivBeyondSwordSave file after you have finished here.
  • All players need to tell us your Forum nickname and when your Save was made, and to provide an email address in case we need to contact you about your entry. We do not use your email addresses for any other purposes, or give them to anyone else.
  • Read and participate in the spoiler threads when you are eligible.
  • Watch and wait for the results. They will be published on the home page here, on the main CFC news, and in a Forum thread.
  • Most of all, enjoy the GOTM experience.

I do that all the time

After a long time I'm back to a bit of CIV4 (Getting a real job and moving in with your girlfriend kills your gaming time :D)
I was confused with the error that I need Buffy .005 and on the download site it was still .003. But downloaded the new version and now I'm going for a real quick game before the deadline ends. I was on monarch/Emperor level before, but let's see if I can still beat this GotM with fun

Top Bottom