Nice bananas, Genoa...

Benmorris111

Chieftain
In my last game as Assyria, I noticed that not all mountain tiles are completely unworkable...

Attachments

• 2013-10-29_00003.jpg
    2013-10-29_00003.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 1,023
I think it's a strange bug with the Rock of Gibraltar. It always has some non-mountain mountain next to it.

Pretty cool to see the game render stuff it's not supposed to. Different things on mountains, etc could look pretty interesting in a fantasy mod.

I have it with a forest mountain in my current game. Looks nice but I wonder if I can still build the observatory in the adjacent city.

As far as I know the Gilbatar is meant to ALWAYS spawn next to a mountain.. it's possible that for whatever the reason the resource was created first followed by the Natural wonder which turned the tile into a mounttain tile by default.

Yeah gibraltar always does something weird like that. In my current game i was excited to spot it with my first boat just to the west of my capital. I came to find out it was by itself except for a lonely tile which was labelled mountain but squished flat as a pancake. Not helpful at all!

As far as I know the Gilbatar is meant to ALWAYS spawn next to a mountain.. it's possible that for whatever the reason the resource was created first followed by the Natural wonder which turned the tile into a mounttain tile by default.
That is the likely explanation yes. Or more likely, iirc. from the way assignstartingplots.lua is structure, what probably happened is originally tile was jungle and therefore added to the list of tiles that was a suitable candidate for bananas, then Gibraltar got placed and tile got turned into mountain, but was not cleared from the banana list, and then the area was judged to have low fertility and banana was added to make it more suitable for start. But either way, it looks fun.

Top Bottom