-nil- BUG

Poly-Akryll

Chieftain
I had the idea that perhaps agri civs have got a better chance for +foodressources @ their startinglocation...

so I made some testings and after I made about my 95th game everything looked like this...
About 1 minute later my Civ crashed and after restarting everything was fine again...

I guess I got a RAM-overflow (I have 192Mb)

I didn't try to reproduce it because starting 95 games takes quite some time :p

Attachments

• nil.jpg
    nil.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 258
Yeah well next time if after 94 restarts you haven't got a good location, just give your poor comp a rest;)

btw the result was that agri civs dont have a better chance after 100 starts...but you have a better chance to start near a foodressource in general because though the tiles 2 away from your start are twice as much than the tiles 1 away the tiles one away have twice as much foodressources

well i tried to look for nil but it is too short...and because i did not find any thread with a title like nil-bug i created this one...

perhaps a mod can put the two threads together?

Originally posted by microbe
I already reported it here.

Definitely a memory leak.

Firaxis doesn't have QA.

What does Firaxis QA have to do with poorly designed operating systems?

Originally posted by Beam
What does Firaxis QA have to do with poorly designed operating systems?

It's NOT operating systems fault. It's application memory leak.

If you kill the application, all the memory is back (at least for Windows 2000 and XP).

There were about 200 people invited to the betatests announced last summer. Apparently not one of them tried to load 95 games successively. I wonder why :rolleyes:

It might even go all the way back to the original Civ3 actually. It's not exactly the type of bug that pops up every day, though of course the limits of how long your machine can cope with a memory leak, depends on the amount of memory available, so low-end users might have seen this more often.

Personally, I never load more than one game per session of Civ3 so I could go on for 100 years without seeing this. :)

Top Bottom