No events are firing in Custom Game?

KruniacZio

Chieftain
For some reason, no events are firing in Custom Game, such as elf villages, AC events, etc. No popups happen when someone gets a Great Person.

When I run Play Now, events fire just fine. Not sure what's going on.

------------------------------
Never mind.

I guess it was just RoE that wasn't firing events. In AoE I get events just fine.

Turns out Play Now is the magic fix for anyone having this problem, as it resets custom options to default.

Last edited:
There is a no Event option that you may have activated somehow(though i think it's hidden at the moment). Normally, starting a play now game should reset options, meaning that the No Event should be unchecked after that. If it's not, there may be an issue with your config file.

If you start a custom game with certain options, then leave the game, do the options you chose stay checked when you open the custom game menu again ?

(Also, i'm probably going to provide a version of the option files without any hidden option, so that people can uncheck any mistakenly activated option manually)

There is a no Event option that you may have activated somehow(though i think it's hidden at the moment). Normally, starting a play now game should reset options, meaning that the No Event should be unchecked after that. If it's not, there may be an issue with your config file.

If you start a custom game with certain options, then leave the game, do the options you chose stay checked when you open the custom game menu again ?

(Also, i'm probably going to provide a version of the option files without any hidden option, so that people can uncheck any mistakenly activated option manually)

I'm sure that was the issue or something. For the longest time RoE gave me no options at all in Custom Game, but AoE has them working fine. Perhaps my install was mixing up some user config from Cavemen2Cosmos or something.

Anyway, it is solved now. I can play End of Winter with full events, and other carnage. Thanks for the reply.

Top Bottom