No symbols on city screen

Böle 1

Chieftain
I installed BUG mod on my new high-end machine running Windows 7.

It seems all the symbols on city screen are missing: no :health:, :yuck:, :gold:, :espionage:. No resource symbols.

I love BUG mod, but now I'm forced to play without it. Is there a way to change this?

Hi. I'm also having trouble with this same issue. I have spent about 3 hours on it now and just don't understand the instructions that have been given in other posts.

My issues:

I copied "Beyond the Sword" folder from my user account folder into "C:\Games\Beyond the Sword\". After this, I installed BUG 4.3 using the second option mentioning AltRoot method in it.

Next I went and took a look at BUG Mod\cvaltroot.py. Basically I understand what this file is supposed to do, but I'm unsure what this file should look like after editing.

Mine was:

"C:\Games\Beyond the Sword\"

and nothing else.

I'm unsure what to do with the Rootdir part and what it should contain.

Also when trying to edit my shortcuts, the edits don't get accepted. I get an error how the path is wrong and so on. Which leads to my next question; am I supposed to edit the "Play Bug 4.3" shortcut OR "Civ4BeyondSword" shortcut?

Sorry again for this, but I managed to get BUG working on my work computer, which doesn't have any weird letters in the username, but my home computer does, so now I'm utterly lost and don't know how to live without BUG anymore.

When editing the CvAltRoot.py file you should modify only what's between the quotes. In your case it will be

Code:
rootDir = "C:/Games/Beyond the Sword"

Yes, use forward slashes. Then put that into your CustomAssets/Python folder.

Also, since you copied the folder before installing BUG, didn't BUG go into the original folder? If so, move the CustomAssets and "BUG Mod" folders to the new location. Or does it ask where you want to install it? I forget, obviously.

Finally, you can modify the BTS or the Play BUG shortcut. Since you have it installed in CustomAssets, the shortcuts should be the same. So change whichever one you want to use to launch BTS in the future.

I should really have it ask for the new location, install CvAltRoot.py, and modify the shortcut for you. Perhaps for the next release.

Hi!

I managed to get it working after following your advice here. :)

I want to offer big thanks to you for your awesome mod and for your fast response here! I know it must be annoying when you have to answer the same thing so many times.

Anyway, I gotta run, Elizabeth is calling me to do some Redcoat dominating!

Thanks again for your help! :)

The frustration is only with myself for not having a "Common Issues" page yet. I'm glad you got it working. :goodjob:

Top Bottom