Nomadic Devourer Civilisation for Erebus - Panivo

Hi,

I want to try this new civilization, but every time i got the error :

Tag: HISTORICAL_STATUS in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is:
modules\NormalModules\Panivo\Civilizations\Panivo_Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml

And others errors like this one, i manage to launch the game but after a few seconds it crashes.

I try it with version 1.4 first, but it broke like 5 civilizations, so i use it on 1.3, but it didn't work either.

Did i miss something to install correctly modules? Or i'm just very unlucky?

Hi,

I want to try this new civilization, but every time i got the error :

Tag: HISTORICAL_STATUS in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is:
modules\NormalModules\Panivo\Civilizations\Panivo_Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml

And others errors like this one, i manage to launch the game but after a few seconds it crashes.

I try it with version 1.4 first, but it broke like 5 civilizations, so i use it on 1.3, but it didn't work either.

Did i miss something to install correctly modules? Or i'm just very unlucky?

Just going on holiday, so it'll be next week before I can look at your issue.
Did it only occur with one of the leaders or was it all of them?
Were all the error messages you get for modules\NormalModules\Panivo\Civilizations\Panivo_Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml?
Do you have any other modmods enabled?
Do you use any specific setup options?

So, when using version 1.4, with no other modules than the Panivo:

When lanching "Rise from erebus" from the launcher, after the "Init XML (uncached)", i got the following errors :

(Screenshots in attachements)

After them, when i go into the Civilopédia and select the Panivo civilization, i got no leader on the information screen, only the uniques/blocked buildings, uniques/blocked units from the Panivo civilization.

And when i try to launch a game as Pavino (Forced to play random leader), it crashed.

Voilà.

Attachments

• Panivo1.png
    Panivo1.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 222
  • Panivo2.png
    Panivo2.png
    23 KB · Views: 225
  • Panivo3.png
    Panivo3.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 225
  • Panivo4.png
    Panivo4.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 218
  • Panivo5.png
    Panivo5.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 209
So, when using version 1.4, with no other modules than the Panivo:

When lanching "Rise from erebus" from the launcher, after the "Init XML (uncached)", i got the following errors :

(Screenshots in attachements)

After them, when i go into the Civilopédia and select the Panivo civilization, i got no leader on the information screen, only the uniques/blocked buildings, uniques/blocked units from the Panivo civilization.

And when i try to launch a game as Pavino (Forced to play random leader), it crashed.

Voilà.

Thanks for the clear description of the issue. <FavoriteReligion> in the first screenshot is the problem. This stops the Panivo_ Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml from working properly and this causes the issue when the other xml files try to call on the leaders from Panivo_ Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml.

For some reason, this never caused an issue when I ran it on my laptop. Attached is a version of Panivo_ Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml with <FavoriteReligion> deleted. Try substituting this into the \Panivo\Civilizations folder. If you've no further issues, I'll amend the version up to 1.1 with this fix.

I'll have a look to see if there are any other discrepancies between the Panivo_CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml I've used and the CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml in RifE 1.4.

Attachments

• leader fix.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 266
I've added version 1.1 in the first post. There's no reason to download this if version 1.0 is working for you as it does not add any new functionality.

It just includes the corrected Panivo_ Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml, to deal with the bug that Darhak found. The Panivo_ Civ4CivilizationsSchema.xml has also been updated to match that in the current version of RifE.

Finally got around to playing a couple of games of civ. Even more unusual, I played them through until a victory condition was achieved. Spotted a few more tweaks for the Panivo while doing it.

Version 1.2 Change Log
Spoiler :

xml
Panivo_CIV4GameText
- fixed tree event text link
Panivo_CIV4SpellInfos
- Fixed class prerequisite for Sentient Feast so slaves can now cast it
- Changed button for Rustle and Leave Herd from Promote Settlement to Animal Husbandry
Panivo_CIV4UnitInfos
- Removed ability to build Wineries from Foragers
Panivo_CIV4EventInfos
- Corrected Continue text references in events
Panivo_CIV4ImprovementInfos
- Amended bPermanent tags on mobile trading camps and initial exploitation. Initial Exploitation can not now be pillaged but the mobile camps can.

python
eventpanivo
- included movement of religions with Relocation. All religions in casting city (except) FoL are present in the city relocated to. Only the state religion and/or religions for which the casting city is the holy city are left in the casting city.
spellPanivo
- edited the Openings spell so that it also gives a diplomatic boost to the Panivo with all civilizations that they have met.

I'm planning to do an updated version next week as the RifE 1.41 patch results in some xml errors relating to the unit class upgrades.

I'll include some other changes in the version:
Make the nature-lover/Panivo diplomacy a bit more dynamic by adding diplomatic malus when FoL is adopted, Hidden Paths is researched, Nature/Life Nodes are developed. I'll also add a couple of events to trigger wars between FoL worshippers and the Panivo.
Make it more difficult for the Panivo to use the forbidden Manas (Nature, Life, Death, Creation & Body) before they research Strength of Will by destroying improvements on these nodes when they are captured, adding an event to remove the Life Mana from the Tomb of Sucellus if the Panivo capture it and preventing the Panivo Adepts and Mages from gaining the level 1 promotions in Nature, Life, Death, Creation & Body.
Show the casting tile when Relocate spell takes effect to make it easier to keep track of where you're moving from.
Replace any captured workers with slaves, as foreigners will not be treated well by the Panivo.
Block a couple of buildings - Jousting Tilt and Aquae Sucellus.
Add a happiness from the Taunting Pit.
Block the building of Wineries.

If anyone has any other suggestions for the Panivo mod, now would be a good time to mention them so that they can be included.

xml
Panivo_CIV4BuildingInfos - Taunting Pit gives 1 happiness
Panivo_CIV4CivilizationInfos - Jousting Tilt and Aquae Sucellus blocked to Panivo
Panivo_CIV4EventInfos, Panivo_CIV4EventTriggerInfos & eventPanivo - Orphaned Goblin amended to allow for Panivo. Event added to deal with Tomb of Sucellus in Panivo lands. Events added to encourage conflict with FoL. Relocate amended so that it shows teh casting city's plot.
Panivo_CIV4GameText - updated in line with other edits
Panivo_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos - amended iBaseAttitude
Panivo_CIV4PromotionInfos - Devourer promotion blocks gaining of the Captured Panivo Worker Promotion. Captured Panivo Workers can not build wineries.
Panivo_CIV4SpellInfos - made Distort Senses autocastable
Panivo_CIV4UnitInfos - Amended UnitClassUpgrades to make it compatible with RifE 1.41. Panivo Adepts and Panivo Mages can not gain the first level promotions for Life, Nature, Death, Creation or Body.

python
eventPanivo - New events added.
onBeginGameTurn - edited so that improvements are removed from forbidden nodes before researching SoW
onBeginPlayerTurn - edited to change captured workers to slaves
onCityAcquired - edited to reduce number of turns of revolt (there's noone left alive to revolt)
onimprovementBuilt - edited to give malus against Panivo when Life or Nature node improvements are built
onPlayerChangeStateReligion - edited to give malus against Panivo on adopting FoL
onTechAcquired - edited to give malus against Panivo on researching Hidden Paths
onUnitCreated - edited to give malus against Panivo on building Yvain or Kithra
spellPanivo - Inquisition edited so that Temples of Triumvirate are removed if Order is the State religion

Panivo is definitely not compatible with AoE as there are several Tundra references in it.

I'll probably issue an AoE patch when I'm finished with Ydil.
Before I do this, I may issue an update, essentially to tidy the module up using what I've learned from coding my other modules. If anyone who downloaded it has any comments on how the module played or other suggestions for the Panivo, now would be a good time to let me know.

Version 2.0 issued and AoE version issued.

Changes
Spoiler :
  • python and xml changes made to enable the AI to play the Panivo effectively.
  • General tidying done to python. Version comments removed from python.
  • Panivo can no longer dedicate a monument to Sucellus.
  • Hippus art for commander removed fron Panivo Artstyle as they'd never ride a horse.
  • GobiDesert by Fir0002 used as basis for the civilization Image.
  • Evil Wizard by Daniel Egeland, danilolatino on deviantart.com, used as the basis for the Seerson portrait and button.
  • Morroco Sahara Nomade by Celso Flores used for Slitinn's popoup portrait and button. The chanter unit graphic has been adapted slightly to give Slitinn his own distinct graphic.
  • Agriculture given to the Panivo as a free tech as it always felt too weird having them deliberately research it. They know agriculture but they have abandoned it.
  • Valid terrains specified for exploitation
  • Foragers can no longer build plantations. Plantations converted to trading camps by Relocate spell.
  • Forests, Jungles, etc removed by Relocate at plots with exploitation or trading camps or culling fields.
  • Amended how the Adaptive event occurs so that the player can select the trait to replace.
  • Text file split into multiple files and some gaps/errors fixed.

Patch a issued. Just stops Glory Seekers spawning free Nihilists. Substitute in the new spell Panivo python file.

Top Bottom