Non-native religion dominates your civ

libertypoint

Chieftain
What is the effect of having another civ's religion take over your civ, entirely, and not being able to found your own religion. When this happened to me, I still could build missionaries and Inquisitors, but no religious buildings or anything else with the faith points I was amassing.

your city can only build a religious building/unit for the cities majority religion. So if you take cathedrals in your religion but then have no cities following it you wont be able to build them. On the other hand if the religion invading you took, monasteries for example, you would now be able to build those. Just keep in mind that if you buy a missionary or inquisitor in a city with a majority religion other than your own, it will represent the majority religion of the city that spawned it.

your city can only build a religious building/unit for the cities majority religion. So if you take cathedrals in your religion but then have no cities following it you wont be able to build them. On the other hand if the religion invading you took, monasteries for example, you would now be able to build those. Just keep in mind that if you buy a missionary or inquisitor in a city with a majority religion other than your own, it will represent the majority religion of the city that spawned it.

This. Plus if you share religion it gives a diplo bonus with other civs. Also don't worry about faith accumulation, from industrial era onwards you can buy great people with faith depending upon what social policy trees you have fully completed.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It's useful to keep in mind that any city following a religion will get the follower bonus(es) for that religion. Civ's with cities following the religion they founded will get the additional founders bonus. I think enhancement bonus effects can apply across the globe or just to the civ that activates it.

Top Bottom