Normal Behavior?

SemperFi2382

Mitten Marauder
So, I'm currently playing a match as Portugal and my closest rival is (soon to be was) Poland. However, I've noticed a rather crazy level of Missionary Spam. I'm talking about 2-3 Missionaries coming out of his land per turn.

Of all the games I've played recently, I don't recall it ever being that bad. Is this normal for Poland, or even in general? Is it even possible to generate that much faith anyway?

It depends on a few things, but yes, it's possible.

Depending on his beliefs/wonders, he could be generating a lot of faith per turn. If he went Piety, he gets a discount on faith purchases (including Missionaries). If he built The Great Mosque of Djenne, his Missionaries get an extra spread, which means they last a bit longer. Also, there's Borobudur, which gives 3 free Missionaries.

I can't remember, but the AI may get some faith bonuses as well. I'm not sure how or why, but the AI really love to spam missionaries.

I'm not sure how or why, but the AI really love to spam missionaries.

Yes. It also likes to send settlers and workers into the lands of people it is at war with. I've been in the situation where I was passively capturing so many workers (they'd walk right up to my front line -- I'd move a unit aside so they could come in :lol:) that I had to delete them on capture to keep from going bankrupt.

YI've been in the situation where I was passively capturing so many workers (they'd walk right up to my front line -- I'd move a unit aside so they could come in :lol:) that I had to delete them on capture to keep from going bankrupt.

As long as you delete them with your own borders (so you get gold for the disbanding).

Doesn't apply to enemy missionaries, of course. Either they are of a religion you want to spread to one of your cities (for pagoda/cathedral etc.), or just delete them.

Top Bottom