Nuclear pollution on moutains

RYSHER

Chieftain
Hello to everyone!
I play Civ5 + Gods & Kings + Brave New World and all the patches installed.

I have a few tiles with fallout on my territory. The problem is that the tiles are mountains. My workers can't go there. I play for Americans.

Is there any possible way to clean up the tiles? May be with some editor or even with cheats... Those dirty tiles so annoying.

Fallout on mountains used to bug me -- not much to do but live with it. Mountains are zero yield anyway, so it is just the aesthetics. I never had fallout on a Natural Wonder, I imagine that would be a frustrating loss! FWIW, the fallout dissipates over time, but I am not sure what the recovery rate is. Certainly I have ended a few games with some mountains still glowing...

There is a minor exception to the above.

Some Mountains are underneath desert, and if you have Desert Faith you can normally work the Desert Mountain for 1 faith. (Not that it's worthwhile actually doing so)

Hey there guys! Thank you for reply! Is it true that fallout dissipates over time?

And Joncnunn (or anyone) -- have you seen fallout on a Natural Wonder? If so, so it zero the yield? Happy benefit too?

Just a thought, presuming Cartha just a thought, presume mean carthage can move 9 military unit on to the mountains, if you're willing to sacrifice a couple workers, that my be able to do it. But otherwise, I think only they could just a thought, presume in carthage can move now on military unit on to the mountains, if you're willing to sacrifice a couple workers, that might be able to do it. But otherwise, I think only they could pull that off

You don't need to sacrifice any workers, each worker can put a turn in cleaning the fallout, and you retreat it and let it heal in a city. Building a road on that mountain tile would help a lot, letting one worker put 2 turns working on cleanup without dying.

I had cartage workers build roads on mountains before and they didnt die. I also didnt use citizenship to get the road on mountains to get built quick.

And Joncnunn (or anyone) -- have you seen fallout on a Natural Wonder? If so, so it zero the yield? Happy benefit too?

No, I've never seen fallout on a natural wonder.

Top Bottom