OCC Club Bullpen: Bride of OCC Club

I have a very nice Great plains Lincoln of the Ottomans (unrestricted leaders) Immortal OCC save. Is this too specific to run as a OCC Club game being unrestricted leaders on a flat map type?

Nothing wrong with specific, or unrestricted leaders, or flat maps. The only problem I see with it is being the Ottomans. We wouldn't want to repeat them too soon, even with a different leader. But no reason we can't do it after a bit of time has passed.

I roll a lot of OCC games because I like to play in the mid game, but I tend to expand so fast it becomes a bear to wait that long. I'll see if I can't bring up a fun one with Bismarck.

you always have at least 1 save (the one you generated from) no reason to not post that one...
With NC, that's always Noble, Normal, Huts and Events, since that gives the blandest basic save file; everything else is either adding technologies or removal of huts or adding the no-events flag. It doesn't save you any significant game startup effort over selecting the Noble/Huts scenario file.

So are you going to get a new one together? I can put a save together if you want. I've been turning over the idea of a Monty OCC for a more military bent if anybody wants to go that way (plus Spiritual is a powerful OCC trait we didn't get the first time). Totally up to turtlelady of course.

If you'd like to, go right ahead! I've been meaning to, but am up to my ears in RL stuff.

Is this a random-map series, or would you accept a somewhat cooked start for Gandhi (Phi/Spi) that makes things easier for people reluctant to try OCC? I'd site a few critical resources and make sure there was a fair bit of BFC forest for the National Park (or for people who clearcut, however poor a strategy some people might consider that to be).

Cooked starts are fine. I cooked the last one - moving a couple of resources closer to the settler start site, so that things that would have been picked up in the 2nd or 3rd city would be available. People who want random starts can always roll their own.

I'm planning an OCC Gandhi, modifying the map along the lines Alexfrog suggests as good starting locations (without overdoing it like I'm sometimes tempted to do). One of the things that help is to have an adjacent neighbour not too hard to become friends with, and fairly strong militarily, to protect you against attacks from at least one direction (by bribing them to close borders). Anybody have a suggestion for a good candidate for such a friend?

Top Bottom