Order vs. Influence

You can also leech more science and have more effective covert ops on civs that got eaten by your culture

What do you mean by these two? I understand tourism helps sway CS elections, but if a player is using a Level III spy on CS, the player will be winning elections most every time even when well behind in tourism.

high tourism pressure + no spy = no effect on CS election
0 tourism pressure + spy = strong effect on CS election

Problem it should be re-balanced so that high tourism pressure means a point of CS influence every turn, but frankly, since I struggle with tourism, I am grateful that this is not how it works!

I always used to ignore the guilds until I moved to Immortal. You want to get your writers guild up ASAP as the extra culture is always good, but getting that head start on Tourism is important. The tourism modifiers need to be taken advantage of as well. Get open borders to the AIs for a 25% boost, but do not give it to them. Have at least one trade route for another 25% boost. If your going religion and can spread yours to them, that's another 25% boost. Once Ideologies start getting adopted your spy's should be come diplomats for another 25% boost against opposing Ideologies.

They will generally get Exotic against you first, but if you can get that back against them pretty quickly your set for a while as Familiar is a full 30% (Tourism/Culture). I do wish the Tourism UI was a bit easier to use however. Having to switch to each AI to check all those levels is tedious.

Order is known for its sciences particularly workers faculties. Once you get that your factories will add more science as well as their default production that gets added to the city. Influencing other order civs could be good strategy if most civs are order also if its for culture victory.

What do you mean by these two? I understand tourism helps sway CS elections, but if a player is using a Level III spy on CS, the player will be winning elections most every time even when well behind in tourism.

high tourism pressure + no spy = no effect on CS election
0 tourism pressure + spy = strong effect on CS election

Problem it should be re-balanced so that high tourism pressure means a point of CS influence every turn, but frankly, since I struggle with tourism, I am grateful that this is not how it works!

No I mean (I think) spies get more effective in stealing technologies from civs you're dominant over. Your trade routes will yield more science from them. And I think if you conquer a city of theirs, the city rebellion is close to none, or something

No I mean (I think) spies get more effective in stealing technologies from civs you're dominant over.

This I understood, but your spies don’t steal faster, so not too much net effect (since spies seem to steal ~75% of time anyway).

Your trade routes will yield more science from them.

This was news to me. I will have to look out for that (but usually I am on the losing end tourism-wise).

And I think if you conquer a city of theirs, the city rebellion is close to none, or something

This effect I had heard of too.

Top Bottom