Original civs feel boring now :(

bonafide11

Worker
Anyone else find that the original civs from the vanilla game feel boring now? Many of the civs that should arguably be the most powerful in the game are limited to the game mechanics of the original game. In addition to the usual civs that people think should be adjusted (America, India, Germany), I think several others should be as well (Russia, China, Greece). It's not that they need to be buffed, but they lack synergy with tourism, religion, ideologies, etc. that were added to the game after they were created. With ideologies playing such a prominent role in the late game, it seems peculiar that civs that should be the strongest ideologically have little connection to them. I'm now bored when selecting any of the original civs because I feel like they're missing out on a big part of the game and are sort of bland. Anyone else find this?

I wouldn't say they were boring, but I wouldn't mind if they were refreshed a bit, the new civs are definitely more exciting to play as, perhaps because they're designed with the current game in mind.

It doesn't help that the original Civs have been around a long time and we've already exhausted a lot of their fun before BNW.

True. All they really need is something added to their UA or UU. A lot of the BNW civs have a certain "activeness" to them that makes them pretty engaging most of the time. Most of the vanilla civs just have passive strength...which isn't bad, they aren't weak, they're just not as "fun".

Top Bottom