Our Mighty civilization got pwned! :lol:

PrinzMyshkin

Warlord
Hi guys,

This is a description of a game I had as Peri of the Greeks against 8 opponents on a large map on prince level.

Civs were distributed in two major continents. Peri shared a continent with the Byzantines and the Neitherlands.

Instead of employing the hack n' slash strategy, Peri went for nine massively tech-advanced cities.

In the beginning Peri expanded leaving some early wonders for the rest. The first wonder Peri built was the Great Library and then the Parthenon (which together with the National Epic, and pacifism gave a nice synergy for GPs). Being philosophical Pericles, was the first to find Taoism. He liked this religion a lot, and decided to spread it amongst others. Later Pericles realized the Sistine Chapel was an easy one, "Build it fast" said Peri. So the Greeks did.

At this point Justinian of the Byzantines attacked with mass cataphracts. Peri, being smart, had his cities carefully built on top of hills with rivers around them. Formidable defending bonuses aided the defenders. After a ferocious fight, Peri's forces pushed back and managed to turn Byzantines into a vassal state, after capturing their capital. Pericles decided to liberate some of the cities he captured, as they had very limited cultural borders, and were squashed amongst the Netherlands and the remains of the Byzantines. In short it was quite costly to maintain them without a real benefit. Hence, Peri gave them back.

This war gifted Peri with a few nice generals, which he added to an academy as instructors, where he decided to compose his heroic epic! "Pump out defenders and cannons" Peri said!

Later he decided to build another military academy there, named "West Point". What a strange name Peri said. This is my "East Point on the map. Hmmmpf! At least I hope you get some aces out one day!".

After turning Justinian into a vassal, Peri offered peace to everyone. There he found Saladin was a really nice lad, and they developed a nice relationship. Saladin was fairly developed and Peri convinced him to trade Greek chicks for Arabian ones. Saladin liked the offer, they traded a lot and they allied.

Peri found an island and after capturing the barbarian cities he established one more, so he had in total 12 cities now.

Peri carried on building the Taj Mahal, the Statue of Liberty (which boosted my science a lot), the Eiffel Tower, Broadway, Rock n' Roll, Hollywood, the United Nations, the Hoover Dam, the Internet and the Space Elevator, and three enterprises.

Yes, I felt Peri had the privilege of being 5-10 techs ahead than everyone with 5k gold in the bank. Greek cities were prosperous and two of them became legendary, naturally he carried on with building a spaceship. Peri traded and sold some techs here and there to keep some dodgy civs happy. After all Peri wouldn't like to be feared by other civilizations!

Peri made probably a bad decision, not going for a third legendary city. Instead he decided to spread a significant amount of culture close to the borders with the Dutch, where the cultural pressure was increasing.

At this point his relations with Saladin took an unexpected turn. Saladin no longer cared for Greek chicks. He broke the alliance and declared war on Peri! Too bad for you, Peri said, I have my spaceship almost on the go now! Then Peri ordered the airfoce and navy to sink down any incoming Arabian ships. That will give you a lesson now, Peri added.

Peri maxed everything to optimize speed and chances, and shot the ship. Sadly 2 turns before Peri's spaceship would have arrived at Alpha Centauri, Gilgamesh of the Sumerians convinced Saladin to vote for him as supreme diplomatic leader, leaving Peri high and dry...

Too bad Peri, this game was not meant to be yours. :D

At least I enjoyed the game! Rematch! Any tips? That hurt me a lot! :lol:

Top Bottom