Paradox Buys White Wolf

BvBPL

Pour Decision Maker
Paradox, the makers of time wasters like Crusader Kings and Hearts of Iron, have purchased the White Wolf properties from CCP, owner if the spreadsheet that walks like an MMO, Eve Online.

White Wolf made games that let you pretend to be a vampire.

Having just received initial fulfillment on my Exalted kickstarter order, I hope that Paradox takes a long, close look at its licensees.

Paradox, the makers of time wasters like Crusader Kings and Hearts of Iron, have purchased the White Wolf properties from CCP, owner if the spreadsheet that walks like an MMO, Eve Online.

White Wolf made games that let you pretend to be a vampire.

Having just received initial fulfillment on my Exalted kickstarter order, I hope that Paradox takes a long, close look at its licensees.
For everyone else who don't understand anything from the above post: Paradox now have the rights to the universe of Vampire: The Masquerade.
Can't wait to see what they do with it. :)

Cautiously optimistic given the indifference CCP showed towards the World of Darkness IP. Unlike BvBPL I'm hoping that they don't interfere with the tabletop licensing.

Paradox publishes but farms out the actual game making to a company like Obsidian? That would be the best possible scenario I think.

Either that or a WoD grand strategy game!

White Wolf hasn't been around as a separate entity for ten years. Most of the work done under that imprint was performed by licensees and contract labor.

Paradox publishes but farms out the actual game making to a company like Obsidian? That would be the best possible scenario I think.

That was my first thought too. Paradox was the publisher for Pillars of Eternity and iirc Obsidian has ex-Troika employees who worked on Bloodlines. I hope we'll finally get another good vampire RPG.

So I guess I'm the odd man out, hoping they do something with Werewolf: The Apocalypse? ;)

I know, that game was always just the awkward little brother of Vampire, but I'd still like to see them do SOMETHING with it someday.

Werewolf is an awesome concept, but I don't know if they ever got it right. I'm not sure yet another reboot would do anything for it.

It was totally impossible to actually play, lol, I'll grant you that!

*sigh*

They probably would never focus on my favorite tribes anyhow. I was a Glass Walker and Bone Gnawer fan. It would be some "last White Howler" or "Joey the Badass Wendigo" or "Get of Fenris Guy Kills Everyone" game anyhow :p

Top Bottom