Pat on the back please, and goodbye Civilization.

Beeblbrox

Warlord
Just finished building the last of the World Wonders in my game on Immortal level, Huge, Marathon.

I built every World Wonder EXCEPT 2 in the Capital Gao.

Petra (built with my 1st Engineer in another city 'cos the capital wasn't touching a Desert Tile, and Statue of Zeus (built before I did by the AI).

I know others have managed to build all World Wonders on Deity in the Capital somewhere, IDK IDC IDGAF it's taken me 12,000 hours (well, 6,000 or so actually at the PC) to do this. Restart.... Restart.. Restart.... Restart...

I almost Iron-Manned it excepting that I had to reload around turn 12 because I started on a small Peninsula without knowing it and my exploring Warrior went off to a Ruin-less dead end. After that though it was solid.

I've played Civ since Civilzation 1 on an Amiga in 1992/3. I'm quitting (I hope) because the Cost Progression of Districts/Units Formula in Civ 6 makes the game unenjoyable for me (512 turns for a Harbour in my new City? Like... Seriously....). Also more importantly CIvilization has cost me too much IRL as you can tell by the hours spent on Civ 5.

I've given up on VI half a dozen times... .this last time it's for good. It's no fun playing a 'build things' game where it is so freaking hard to 'build things'.

Wait, are you talking about Civ 5 or Civ 6? You said,
I'm quitting (I hope) because the Cost Progression of Districts/Units Formula in Civ 6 makes the game unenjoyable

Are you giving up on Civ 5 because of Civ 6's problems?

Have you looked at mods that reduce the cost of buildings and such?

Wait, are you talking about Civ 5 or Civ 6? You said,

Are you giving up on Civ 5 because of Civ 6's problems?

Have you looked at mods that reduce the cost of buildings and such?

I'm giving up Civ 5 cos I don't believe I'll improve on the best I just achieved as detailed in the OP. CIv 6 I'm not bothering with due to the Cost of Buildings Progression formula making the game unenjoyable.

Have you tried using mods with the game, from the Civilization 5 Steam Workshop? Some of them can vastly extend the life of the game, adding new features, units, civs, and buildings, or making sweeping changes to what's already there, etc. You might find exactly the mod that would make the game more playable for you. If you haven't tried any I'd definitely take a look.

And not to toot my own horn too much, but I just released a mod that I think could make the game more interesting for you, Fantastic Ancients: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2827097612&searchtext=

And one thing I've had in mind for a while to mod is the cost of buildings, actually. Balance and testing though take time to figure out, but yes, I've always found them too expensive.

Anyway, I'd certainly recommend the Workshop if you haven't tried it. And if you're finding yourself spending too much time playing the game, maybe just cut back a bit. Limit yourself to one or two days a week or something . . .

Top Bottom