• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

pbem turnplayer How To

Daghdha

Absent Minded
Getting-Playing-Posting
1. The save comes in our gmail-box. It is from one of MIA's members and it is called "MTDG052_teammia.sav" or something like that. "052" is the number of the turn as it progresses, e.g. 053, 054, 055. Check gmail-box at www.gmail.com. Username = teamkiss , Pwd = sillywabbit6. Click on the mail from MIA which usually has the subject line "Turn XX". Then d-load the file attached to your usual conquests saves folder, just like a SG. The .sav is yours and ready to play.
2. Copy Tubby's Todo into a workpad document ;) .
3. Start Conquests and open the file. An all black screen then tells you to "Enter Password". Type "100Euros" and hit. Something like "Alexander of MIA year 3500BC. Level Emperor" appears. Then another box with "Team Kiss, it's your turn to play" pops. Just hit OK on these and the turn will start. Play our turn.
4. When finished hit space. You're then asked to either save and exit or continue to play. Choose save and exit. Name the save " MTDGxxx_teamkiss.sav and save as usual.
5. Go back to gmail and send the save you now can find in your conquests folder. Do so by clicking on "Contacts" in gmail main window. Select the addies to Donuts + Regent Man + Ginger Ale. Attach the MTDGxxx_teamkiss.sav and send. Voilá :goodjob: .
IMPORTANT! When posting in KISS forum do not upload files on CFC server, just attach in post. Otherwise others may stumble over secret intel.

If you find something strange or plain stupid, then please (if possible) hold your play, ask for advice and go back finish. It could be about the process of getting, playing, posting or maybe in the actual gameplay.
First time it may be a good thing to keep an IM open just in case. Wait for someone who has done it before to be online for instant Q's and A's.

Doing Basic Diplo

Here's Tubs old pbem file to play with. If you like, you can make the 2 deals below and see how it works. You don't need a password for this, just click "Continue Game" when asked. Play around with it to learn more. If you fukc up just choose "Save and Exit" , name it whatever and hit enter. Then you restart "pbem_trading_test.sav from the main screen again. The only action you have to do besides diplo is roading Russian wines near Novgorod.

MIA, Russia has:
Wheel
Math
Philo

We, America has:
Warrior Code
Cerm. Burial

First deal: We (Abe) has agreed to swap WC+CB for MIA's (Catherine) Math. Our task is to send WC + CB this turn and then we will play MIA and send Math same turn.
1. When the save is opened go to diplo screen. Click WC and CB and then Accept. This means we are not sending a proposal, but accepting to just pass the techs over. Then you click Send. End turn.
2. Now when it's MIA's turn to play, the first thing that pops is the diplo screen saying "Team 2 offers WC and CB". Just click Accept and then Exit. MIA has now said "Thank you very much, we accept that you don't want to have anything for WC and CB". Leave diplo screen. Then open it again and repeat the drill: Now you want to gift Math back so you click Math and then Accept followed by Send, just like previous turn. End turn.
3. When playing as Abe again you get the pop up saying Math is coming your way. Click Accept and exit.

Finito, deal is done. MIA (Russia) now has our WC + CB and we (America) have their Math. This is prolly the deals we will mostly do.

Second deal: MIA will offer us some wines as soon as they're connected. They want us to swap one of our luxes for that.
1. Let MIA road the wines @ Novgorod. The turn it's finished go to diplo and offer Abe them wines. Click Wines and then Accept and Send, as in the first trade. End turn.
2. When we start our turn we see that MIA is passing the wines. Try clicking Ivory and Send instead of Accept and Send. What happens is that we don't get the wines (look at a city screen). We have basically said "We don't accept your gift of Wines. We propose a trade with Wines-Ivory". That means the deal is not closed. End turn.
3. MIA sees now that we want to trade Ivory for their Wines and that neither of us has accepted anything because this is a brand new proposal. Click Accept and Send saying "Oh, you didn't want the Wines right away but instead chip in some Ivory....OK". End turn.
4. Now we see that MIA has accepted out proposal to trade Ivory for Wines. Now we can accept their "....OK" by clicking Accept. Then we click Exit and the deal is in effect as you can see on city screen.

Note: If you misclick when adding things to offer, just click on them again (as usual).

Happy trading folks!

What Own said!

I'll have to try it when I have some time this weekend. I've looked at a few of the saves, but I've been afraid to touch anything. And using Wordpad is a great idea. I usually send written directions to my office email to print them out and then bring them home to play, because I don't have a home printer.

We need to have this stickied. This will be very valuable to those true idiots on the team... read Bugsy.

Sorry I didn't get to doing this but good job daggie on the tutorial :goodjob:

btw, I requested the sticky-tape on it

Excellent tutorial even for this sailor. When you e-mail the save to all those people make sure you send the right file and then post in the turn tracker that you sent it.

You did a good job Bugs. One other thing that you might want to add Dag is that if something seems screwy to you, don't do it or ask before you finish the turn.

I'm not perfect and for the next few turns I prolly won't have a todo list up. So just do what you think is best at the time. This game moves slow enough and we are in a pretty good position. I don't think that any one turn could mess us up even if really poor decisions are made. Just don't go abandoning cities or disbanding units ;) .

I'm playing turn 62, and the latest turn at GMail is 61, has it not arrived yet then?

Edit: Nevermind, got it, but when I loaded it a screen said "Way_too_cool_dudes etc of the celts etc 1500 BC, but then I clicked ok, and it said my turn was over! What happened here?

Edit2: Instead of the black screen saying enter the password for KISSia, it says for Doughnutia :confused: ? I've tried many times, and that's what happens after clicking "ok" on the "Difficulty: Emperor, Way too cool dudes, 1500BC" screen.

it's not in yet own. look at the turntracker in the public mtdg thread. MIA has it and it will come after they play it

DURING trades....

- You can only add to or take away from your side.
- Once it's accepted by one side, if you change ANYTHING it will take away the other teams acceptance.
- Both teams have to accept a deal before it is executed.
- Trades will take at least one turn to take effect due to the above point

I have been able to download the saves passed to us.

However,
1) I did not see the save for turn 151, even in the Sent Saves folder. Turn 150,yes, dated June 26, 2006, but nothing for Turn 151, played today. Not :mad: , just :confused: . Wait, found it in Sent Mail :blush:
2) Will CivAssistII open/read the save file? It did not for me. Just threw an error message.
3) Will MapStat open/read the save file? It took the password...just figured it out, need to look in the drop down box. I assume the password is only for Team K.I.S.S. and I cannot accidently snoop on the other teams' data. Right?

It is a Multiplayer game, so I dont think CivAssist will respond to that. I dont know about MapStat since I dont run it, but does it show other civ's information? :scan:

3) Will MapStat open/read the save file? It took the password...just figured it out, need to look in the drop down box. I assume the password is only for Team K.I.S.S. and I cannot accidently snoop on the other teams' data. Right?
Right, but CA2 should work (ask Tubby Rower as he is using it).

You can also load the save in C3C, but you cannot move units, builds, conduct espionage, etc. as it could be spoilerish. Well, if you become the turnplayer you can, but if you're not the turnplayer, please don't do it :)

Top Bottom