PCX Maker of the Year, 2008 jury thread

Who should be the PCX Maker of the Year 2008?

• Jan 2008: Goldfool/ Pounder - Far East Irrigation

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Feb 2008: Varwnos - German set

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Feb 2008: Ogedei_the_Mad - Temple of Heaven

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Mar 2008: Blue Monkey - SteamPunk PCXs

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Apr 2008: Flamand - Machine forests and cities for Fallout mod

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • May 2008: Balthasar - Lost Worlds Map

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Jun 2008: Balthasar - South Asian Terrain

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Jul 2008: Goldfool - Terrain Buildings for a Medieval Scenario

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aug 2008: Goldfool - Frontier Towns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sep 2008: Balthasar -Steampunk:Lost Worlds Buildings Pack

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Oct 2008: RedAlert - English Cities

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nov 2008: Pounder (BadKharma) - Roman Towns

• Dec 2008: Ogedei_the_Mad - Bulguksa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good going Varwnos!

Goldfool - Maybe there should be some wildcard entries next year that could be nominated and seconded be two people, to show that they would have the potential for at least a couple votes. They would have had to be previoulsy entered it the competition during the year.

@ Goldfool - I think I would agree with you, there are some months where it is a shame that two or more great entries were entered at the same time and one had to come in second. Maybe there could be two lines per entry in the monthlys: one for the winner of the month and a second that says sorry no, but this is good enough to be a wild card.

That way the wildcards would be pre-determined in the wildcard vote by attaining 2/3's of the votes the winner got in the actual monthly vote, and then it would be entered in the annuals.

I know that this would mean that you could vote for more than one unit, but that wouldn't neccessarily be bad either, as it may show who is deserving, and coin flips won't decide the votes.

Instead of two votes per entry, how about having all of the second place winners do a playoff at the end of the year to determine the wild card, followed by the contest between the 12 first place winners plus the wild card? Since the December winners would still have to be determined, that contest would be Jan 1-10; the Wild cards would play Jan 11-20, and the Best of the Year would be determined Super Bowl Sunday, or no sooner than Jan 30. (The fact that I'm watching the playoffs had no influence on this plan).....

Top Bottom