Planet Earth: A Study of it's Ancient Inhabitants

Drakon136

Chieftain
Planet Earth: A Study of its Ancient Inhabitants

This is my first attempt at a story here on CFC. Unlike other stories here on CFC, mine will focus from the viewpoint of not just one civilization, but many. From time to time, I will use the art of the WorldBuilder to change civilizations. That way, the story will stay interesting, and last even after Rome falls. Well, if it falls, that is.
Settings:
Ice Age
High Sea Level
Ancient Era
Normal Game Speed
Noble Difficulty

ROME

Prologue

4000 B.C.

After many years of searching for a suitable location, we have finally found a suitable location for a new settlement. To the South and South East we have found a strange resource we do not know the use of. We have decided to call it Incense. The South West holds a desert oasis. A village has also been found to the West. We will send the 1st Warrior Brigade to explore it. The city, however, is currently training another group of Warriors for defense. We call the city... Rome.

Marion Julius
Founder & Governor of Rome

4000 B.C.

Our leader, Marion, has founded the settlement known as Rome. While they were training a new group of soldiers to defend it, we were ordered to explore the nearby area. We have spotted a village about 3 mille passus* away. We will begin our trek at once.

Dario
Captain of the 1st Warrior Brigade

*1 mille passus is the equivalent of 1480 metres, or 4,854 feet. A mille passus is more commonly known as a Roman mile.

Attachments

• Founding of Rome.jpg
    Founding of Rome.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 81
Chapter I

3920 B.C.

We have arrived at the tribal village. Despite us entering with large clubs, ready for combat, they treated us like a king. They were even kind enough to give us the secrets of a new Technology, called Mysticism. Unfortunately, one of my men seems to have insulted the chief, causing a violent uprage. We were forced to kill them, more the pity. Once we arrive at Rome, I will speak with Marion about having him imprisoned.

Dario

3800 B.C.

Our leader, Marion, has gained more influence over the past years, and the owner of several nearby plots of land has agreed to give us his land, and a map of the nearby surroundings. It turns out that there is another nearby village, much like the last. We will head to the village immediately Hopefully, this will turn out better than last time we explored a tribal village.

Dario

3680 B.C.

My marvelous and large city has just grown to be even larger than before! Now it has a population of 6000 plebians*. However, more plebians means more noise, more unhappiness, more sickness, and more complaints. And more taxes. I swear, if it weren't for the increase on taxes, I'd disband the whole city.

Marion Julius

We have arrived at the tribal village, and this time, we didn't enrage the villagers. They gave us a gift of gold, which we all know is the true path to happiness. They gave us the gold, and some food as an added bonus, and we were off back to Rome. As we left, they toke the village apart and journeyed into the wilderness.

Dario

*Plebien is ancient Roman for citizen.

Attachments

• 3920 B.C..jpg
    3920 B.C..jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Gifts and the Growth of Rome.jpg
    Gifts and the Growth of Rome.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 110
Chapter II

3640 B.C.

We awoke from our campsite to a startling noise. We drew our weapons and prepared for the worst. However, after a few moments, we realized that the noise sounded like a celebration. We put our clubs away and listened. The sounds of happiness made us feel peaceful for the first time in our lives. After the sound ceased, we came apon a rather obvious truth. We are not alone in this world. There is another civilization in this land. We headed North in a search for life on this populous, but rather lonely, landmass. Populous. *chuckles* I just made up a new word.

Dario

3520 B.C.

We have stumbled across something marvelous. On our search for life, we have what appears to be a fence. It was much like the one marking our land, but in a different color. We concluded that another civilization put those up to mark their territory. We are continuing our journey to the area immediately.

Dario
Captain of the First Warrior Brigade

I cannot believe it. Father is getting on in his years, growing wearier with every passing day. It will not be long before he dies and I inherit the Throne. However, it is taking a rather long time. I am getting to be rather impatient. Perhaps I can speed up my ascent to the Throne by, er, speeding up his death. Yes, that is what I shall do. All I need is to wait until nightfall, and the Throne will be mine.

Marius Julius
Heir to the Throne

Attachments

• Borders.jpg
    Borders.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 54
Chapter III

3400 B.C.

We have recently encountered the civilization we have been searching for. They call themselves the Spanish. They believe in a faith unheard of by us, called Buddhism. They told us of it, and we do not believe in it. They attempted to convert us, and we refused, on behalf of the King. After several threats, and us still refusing to convert, their queen, Isabella, left. We believe that they should be destroyed, and they shall. We are preparing for war.

Dario

I do not believe it. I awoke, in the dead of night, with my very son leaning over me with a dagger to my throat. He fled, but my guards caught up with him. They had him thrown in the dungeon for high treason. I was brought by my Royal Guard to watch the gruesome feat that was his execution. It was horrifying, seeing my own son die. I have returned to my quarters, as I suddenly feel very tired. I shall lie in my bed and rest, just once more.

Marion Julius

This was his last entry, as he was found in his bed, dead from many years of life.

Chapter IV
SPAIN

3400 B.C.

I don't believe it! Those vile Romans have declared war on us! Do they not know the Might of our armies? They are just waiting to be punished! I shall send a force of troops to destroy them at once!

Isabella
Beloved Queen of Spain

3320 B.C.
The following is a translation from a pure Spanish-speaking citizen. To view the original, click the spoiler below it.

By Order of Isabella, we will fight with the Romans. Our numbers are equal, but surely we will be victorious. Nothing can prevent the release of the Earth from the Romans! For those who do not know, Earth is the name we have given this land. Nothing will stop us in our quest for glory! Not even Caesar!

Aarón
Commander of the Spanish Armies

Spoiler :
Por la Orden de Isabella, vamos a luchar con los romanos. Nuestros números son iguales, pero seguro que saldremos victoriosos. Nada puede impedir la liberación de la Tierra desde los romanos! Para aquellos que no lo sé, la Tierra es el nombre que hemos dado esta tierra. Nada nos detendrá en nuestra búsqueda de la gloria! Ni siquiera César!

Aarón
Comandante de los ejércitos españoles

Aarón was killed in battle, with the rest of his men.

ROME

3320 B.C.
After the Battle

We have slan the miserable Spanish attack force. Captain Dario was mortally injured in the battle, so we must heal him as soon as possible. While he is being treated, I will assume control of the 1st Warrior Brigade. May he live to fight another day.

Arcadius
Acting-Captain of the 1st Warrior Brigade

Attachments

• civ4-20100307-111314.jpg
    civ4-20100307-111314.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 56
  • civ4-20100307-111333.jpg
    civ4-20100307-111333.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 80
  • civ4-20100307-111341.jpg
    civ4-20100307-111341.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 47