Playing Mods Civ 5...

gijas

Chieftain
I'm having trouble with my downloaded mods showing up in the game meaning if I download a scenario or map it doesn't show up in the game.

I understand you go to singleplayer in the mods menu and select setup>maps but all I have is custom scenario menu and it only lists the DLC I bought from Steam there.

I have installed/enabled the mods and checking the MODS folder in Documents> My Games > Civ 5 to see if they were extracted correctly and they seem to be.

One guy over on Steams told me to copy the MODS folder from Document > My Games... and copy it directly to the main Civ 5 directory. Will this help? The file is over 128 MB's so I want to make sure it will work before using my HD space. Thanks.

You must first go to the Browse Mod option screen, and click the SETUP line on that menu instead of returning to the main SINGLE player setup.
Then, the only way to find out if you're actually into a game that took notice of the "running" Mod you installed earlier is to use & install this utility by Whys which will list what active mods (from a new option in the DiploCorner menu) are currently activated.
If none (except Whys') are on that specific list - verify if the checkmark (in the Browser) for it is flashing blue rather than still greyed out.
Then reload the game, visit the Browser, but exit the Game immediately to allow a runtime update of the Mods DB. See if it's there.

Otherwise, *DELETE* that version and re-install the MOD.

Maps also have a reputation for not being "activated" properly. A good rule of thumb is to always use the latest versions of anything as old stuff is almost guaranteed to be incompatible with regularly patched CiV Vanillas.

In rare cases, it might be a corrupted DB flaw... but check if the above solution(s) works first and return here if you still have troubles.

Top Bottom