Playing on a duel map w/ 4 civs and 6 CS is so fun

tiamats4esgares

Warlord
Just started a game on a duel sized map with 4 civs and 6 city-states (max on both) and it's pretty fun! Playing on the inland lake map.

I'm playing on Deity difficulty, standard speed, apocalypse mode. As Maori.

I started towards the top right of the map, though north-to-south it's not all that big. So seeing I was near the top I went south. Good thing I did, I guess, because Dido was in the northeast corner....but there's a lot of snow to the south. :(

I settled my capital on the coast, around the southeast corner of the lake. I founded my 2nd city up north near Dido, and a 3rd city east of those (kinda between then, but east, in a triangle) but....

Dido took my 2nd city, and I lost the 3rd to her from loyalty. :( Instead of giving up, I pressed on! I had enough military units now to defend myself so she left me alone, but took a city-state. She's really getting carried away. I put a city to the south and southeast, then started expanding west. Most of my cities are in the snow, but luckily, there's THREE active volcanoes constantly adding fertility to the snow! I found a few rogue lakes and a couple small rivers; only 1 of my cities doesn't have fresh water (besides my capital, which has coastal water [but also the palace]).

I met China to my left, in the southwest corner, and the Dutch in the northwest corner. I have a sole warrior continuing to explore the map while the rest of my units stay back in case Dido decides to attack again, but the map isn't big so it won't take him long to explore everything. I've already explored the entire small lake, and sadly, there was no island in it for me to colonize. :(

As Maori, I have only 1 city on the coast. Dido is in my way to the north, and city-states to my west. I ended up stopping at 7 cities (well, I actually FOUNDED 9, but Dido took 2) because going any further west would be too close to China and the area is mostly snow anyway, with no volcanoes, and just not worth it.

My plan was to go for a Science victory, but Dido's early aggression and my being stuck in the snow is making it difficult. After I get a few healthy cities up and running, I'll probably build a military and try to take Dido by force.

China and the Dutch have both been friendly with me from the day I met them, and I'm friends with them. I'm friends with Dido now, too. I'm about to be able to do alliances and plan to with China and the Dutch but not sure if I should with Dido...as I plan to go to war with her soon. If I did do an alliance, however, it would be cultural so she can't flip my cities anymore. >.> There's a spot I want to settle but can't because the city would just flip.

Anyway sorry if this was too much to read but I'm having fun! Forcing so many people on such a small map is fun, lots of tension! heh

Top Bottom