Post-patch brainstorming thread

DutchJunkie said:
what do you think of this one:

Storm of Chaos
- is the name of the summer campaign
- gives choas a temporary extra-everything to attempt an attack on the 'civilized' world
- should be hard to get; special character and many shields
- attacking in this period will cause 'banding'. Diplomacy points will divide the world in good, bad and neutral. the building causes extra diplomatic minuspoints with the 'good' races and pluspoints with allies of Chaos
- in other words: this thing will cause a MASSIVE war!!! and i like that :)

Araby could have a similar thing .. causing the 200 year war and crusades with the old world.

Even Tomb Kings could have it .. representing nagash creating the undead land of Khemri from the 'living' lands of .. i forgot the name :s

Sounds really good to me! But we should trty not to unbalance things to much with the bonuses for chaos.

I like the idea of "banding"into good, evil, neutral.

For Undead that would be called the "Spell of Awakening", or am I wrong in that point?

Duke van Frost said:
Sounds really good to me! But we should trty not to unbalance things to much with the bonuses for chaos.

I like the idea of "banding"into good, evil, neutral.

For Undead that would be called the "Spell of Awakening", or am I wrong in that point?

That could certainly be true .. 'Spell of Awakening' is in civ3 too .. but it lasts forever in civ3 :sad:

We should keep it in balance by giving it equal good and bad points .. and Chaos will be strong for a while, but i will have most fractions as an enemy when it turns back to normal .. that's a major downpoint ..

not so sure that should be buildable DJ, better as a randome event after a certain tech is reached and a certain hero appears. i doo like the idea though.

I also like the banding thing. but not all 'evil' races agree with chaos. Eg, IIRC didnt the darkelves and Morathis fight against chaos in that champaign? and undead, such as Khemri (actually they should be a nutural civ, who is friends with anyone who hates the Vampires and vise versa.)

Psychic_Llamas said:
not so sure that should be buildable DJ, better as a randome event after a certain tech is reached and a certain hero appears. i doo like the idea though.

I also like the banding thing. but not all 'evil' races agree with chaos. Eg, IIRC didnt the darkelves and Morathis fight against chaos in that champaign? and undead, such as Khemri (actually they should be a nutural civ, who is friends with anyone who hates the Vampires and vise versa.)

The buildable thing would be realistic because chaos prepared for the attack obviously. But it's true that some luck must be involved. At the time of the Storm of Chaos, the forces of the Chaos gate were flowing further into the world and archaen and that daemon prince thing appeared. Making it possible only with a character (like the vortex) sounds good to me.

indeed, not all evil races like choas and helped in the Storm of Chaos. We should determine the effects carefully. For example: the Orcs and Goblins helped, but it was not their intention. They just saw the opportunity to fight and pillage! That way they should be 'neutral'. (and because of their eagerness to fight, to make them happy, they will most likely attack the 'good' races that are attacked by Chaos.

"indeed, not all evil races like choas and helped in the Storm of Chaos. We should determine the effects carefully. For example: the Orcs and Goblins helped, but it was not their intention. They just saw the opportunity to fight and pillage! That way they should be 'neutral'. (and because of their eagerness to fight, to make them happy, they will most likely attack the 'good' races that are attacked by Chaos." --Quote by DJ

yes, i (again;) ) agree with you on that DJ.

We could change chaos golden ages to give +20% strenght to all units instead of extra gold and hammers and for it to be twice as long. That way, there would be long periods of time during which chaos would declare war on everyone, before slowly retreating back again.

Lord Olleus said:
We could change chaos golden ages to give +20% strenght to all units instead of extra gold and hammers and for it to be twice as long. That way, there would be long periods of time during which chaos would declare war on everyone, before slowly retreating back again.
Love this! Good idea! Can you patch it to the mod?

Olleus - as well as changing strength could you change their aggression level to ensure 10-20 years of GA wartime?

Yeah this should all be doable. How high priority is this, so I know where to add it in my todo list (which is growing at an alarming rate)?

Personally I'd love to see aggression amped up somehow, whether through GAs or an option when starting a game. High priority for me. :)

Isn't there already an 'Aggressive AI' option in the game?

Lord Olleus said:
Isn't there already an 'Aggressive AI' option in the game?

Yeah, but it doesn't make that big of a difference to me. I've been begging for someone with more knowledge than myself to make more levels of aggression ala CivIII, but so far no dice.

Top Bottom