Preparing for the Invasion of Japan

ravensfire

Member of the Opposition
Fellow citizens,

I'll be running the next game session, and thus would like to talk with everyone about some rough plans and thoughts.

We're building a nice, strong base for our military and should be ready to invade fairly soon. I'd like to take one more turnchat (mine) of 15 turns to continue to build up and prepare.

At the conclusion of my turn chat, I want to have our fleet, with a full load of Bombers and Troops (50% tanks, 30% Arty, 20% Inf) just offshore of our targets. That will permit the next DP to begin the onslaught.

(Please note, I haven't looked at the most recent save, so this may be off).

To prepare for this, I'd like to see a carrier or two, loaded with bombers in the fleet. These will help weaken the target cities. Once we offload the troops, the transports will immediately return to load up more troops. As we get Airports up and running, they will also funnel troops overseas as needed.

Once we start the war, I will mostly dismantle the Wall of Fear. It will get replaced with several groups of troops to handle any invasion that might happen.

Thoughts, especially about the 1 more 15-turn TC to finalize war plans?

-- Ravensfire

You may not need 15 turns.

Tank Armies = 2
Tanks (excluding Armies) = 23 (2 Elite)
Artillery = 27
Bomber = 5
Infantry = 47
Cavalry = 38 (10 Elite)
Destroyers = 6
Frigates = 7
Transports = 11
Guerilla = 8
Crusader = 3

Our first Carrier is under construction (Styx builds them in 3)
Civantonia and Rome can build Tanks or Bombers in 1
The other cities take 2, so that's a lot of troops very quickly!

Most of our cities now have Airports.

We research Computers in 4 turns after which we will have to slow research slightly as we will be unable to sustain the deficit spending.

If it does take 15 though, do it.
What will take time is for our Carriers to reach the invasion zone, could we build an airfield to use to the same effect? Would the island off the SE tip of our continent work?

I'm looking at the Carriers more to carry the Bombers in for bombardment duty. Properly positioned, they can keep up with the Tanks, while the Arty gets left behind. That will drastically speed up our conquest of Japan.

You are probably right about not needing 15 turns - I'll play it by ear.

-- Ravensfire

Yes, Arty will get left behind, I was thinking building airfields to allow the bombers to keep up (as we're not short of workers). There will be the rebase time but they can move further in a re-base than the carrier can move. I was frustrated at how slowly the transports moved when I was moving them into position where they are now, I only took Hamadan as late as I did because it took that long to get the transports there!

Thinking of Workers, you may wish to take a hoard of Workers with you to do railing - multiples of 3.

We have Babylon as well as Japan to deal with and it will also help if the first city we take has a Harbour. Samarra (still Babylonian) may well be the best start, as it may not be so well defended and we may be able to attack without bombarding and keep the Harbour. If we lose the Harbour, we could eliminate the Babylonians very quickly by destroying Eulbar as well to stop the resistance and allow us to rush an Airport. We probably have enough troops to take the Babylonian cities now, after that we can airlift troops in.

Top Bottom