Private Forum for lurkers?

RRRaskolnikov

Goldfish
Hi guys :hatsoff:,

Would you be interested in a private subforum for mtdg lurkers (and lurkers only) where we would have access to the "turn played" threads of all the teams? We wouldn't get to sign up for a team and see 1/6th of the game only.

@mods: is it possible/not too risky reagarding cheating?

Cheers,
Raskolnikov

edit: it would let the game's admins monitor participation ( and its balance between teams) easily.

I don't think I mind, as long as the mods watch closely.

as long as the mods watch closely.

Yeah... I think it doesn't bring new issues compared with the existing setting (a forum for each team)... though mods have to make sure there is no double accounts, and obviously shouldn't give access to this to an already playing civfanatic :)

Cheers

I think my team prefer intrateam privacy settings as they are, with no further spread of proprietary team info, including played turn reports with screenies and so on.

Hmm... I don't know... This person doesn't seem very trustworthy to me.

Maybe he should just join a team. ;)

EDIT:
Spoiler :
Don't see why this wouldn't be possible, assuming it's not too much of a PITA for mods/admins.

I don't think I mind, as long as the mods watch closely.
Let me take this opportunity to explain the difference between moderators and (game) admins.
Moderators are here to make sure the forum rules are followed.
The (game) admins are here to make sure this specific game gets played the way it should be played.

RRRaskolnikov's suggestion influences this game only and thus the admins are the ones to decide, not the forum moderators.
Come back in a year, when the team forums are open. ;)
And the decision seems to be: No lurkers forum.

Still, IMHO there is no reason to stop teams to share their information with lurkers, for instance via PM or (less safe) via spoilered tags in the open section, if they want to. But that's up to the teams to decide.
Best way to follow the game is to join a team or read it all when the forums open after the game.

Yeah, I wouldn't be entirely happy with this either, just because it's so easy for people to let things slip (even accidentally) when they're in a position of knowledge like that. So many players have friends on MSN and such, and it'd be ridiculously easy for something to be revealed by mistake from friend to friend. So better to join a team if you want to keep up with the game, IMHO. Not have a secret "omniscience" forum. :p

The more I think about this, the more I realize it is a terrible idea.

As said, come back in a year.

Yeah, its basically a mass-deputization of random game admins, giving them all access to the same information as the game admins and mods. Only one of these with bad ethics, and the game is ruined totally. Judging from the Off Topic area, I am quite certain this would be the very doom for this game.

It would also require teams to keep a 'turns played' thread which CDZ is not too keen on... far too organised...

Yeah I feel like this would be incredibly easy to abuse. I mean I could very easily convince someone to come on here and join the "secret" forum. This game will just have to remain covert until we finish it and people can come and look at it after it is done.

The more I think about this, the more I realize it is a terrible idea.

:lol: The more I think about it, the more I find this terribly usefull ;) Was simply a random suggestion to make life easier for lurkers...

Yeah I feel like this would be incredibly easy to abuse. I mean I could very easily convince someone to come on here and join the "secret" forum.

Well this kind of abuse can be done with the current set up just as easily... but anyway this is an old topic now ;) Wish a good game to anyone :goodjob:

Top Bottom