problems with fall from heaven2

robertwraith

Chieftain
I have installed the mod and started the game, it will let me choose the settings. The problem is when it goes to load it, I get error that beyond the sword has stopped working. Can someone help me with this.

Installed the 3.17 patch and it did the same thing, get message that bts has stopped working.

I'm having this same problem. Didn't have the 3.17 update at the time, but after downloading and installing it, the same error occurs. However, opening up Beyond the Sword itself and checking the version reveals that the game is still at 3.13. Even worse, the automatic updater doesn't work, and the downloaded updater thinks the game is already updated, despite that not being the case. A restart doesn't help any, and I'm stumped at what to try next. Only option is to get an updater from somewhere else...:wallbash:

Edit: It seems like the crash is occurring during the "initializing graphics" step. That's what's showing when it does crash, at any rate.

Glad to be here, but I and happy (and sorry) that I am not the only one this is happening to. Very annoying to check issues and be the only one who is searching this

I did download and install the patch, from gamershell. It's possible I downloaded the wrong 3.17, or something, so I'll try the one you linked, but I'm fairly certain that's not the issue.

That patch also tells me that the game is already updated, and the error still occurs. Drivers are latest and windows is updated, so I don't know what's causing it. I'm running Windows XP, if that's relevant, with an Nvidia GeForce Go 7950, IIRC.

I finally got it to work, I uninstalled everything, reinstalled the gold then swords, then used the 3.17 patch, then installed ffh2 and it worked.

I finally got it to work, I uninstalled everything, reinstalled the gold then swords, then used the 3.17 patch, then installed ffh2 and it worked.

Thats pretty weird. Thanks for reporting back. It almost sounds like you had 2 installs of BtS on your computer. One that the patch was installed to and another unpatched version that FfH was running from.

Either way Im glad you got it worked out. I wisht he auto-updater worked better. That would avoid these sorts of issues.

Top Bottom