Problems with GameOptions and Globals.cpp

Is that constant being used anywhere already?

Not that I know of*. His implementation of the size three cities is different that anyone else's that I know...

See, here's what he changed in the defines.h
Code:
/*************************************************************************************************/
/** JOOYO_ADDON, Added by Jooyo, 06/17/09                                                        */
/**                                                                                              */
/**                                                                                              */
/*************************************************************************************************/
//#define NUM_CITY_PLOTS                                                (21)
#define NUM_CITY_PLOTS_1                                            (9)
#define NUM_CITY_PLOTS_2                                            (21)
#define NUM_CITY_PLOTS                                            (37)
#define CITY_HOME_PLOT                                                (0)
//#define CITY_PLOTS_RADIUS                                            (2)
#define CITY_PLOTS_RADIUS                                            (3)
/** JOOYO_ADDON                          END                                                     */

The only sad news is that he never is on anymore. He left a few months ago.

*I've never seen it, and I've been in most of the C++ files.

You should be able to use your IDE (Visual Studio or Code::Blocks) to find all references to the constant. In VS, right-click any symbol (constant, variable, or function)and select Find All References to see a list of all locations in all project files that reference it.

You should be able to use your IDE (Visual Studio or Code::Blocks) to find all references to the constant. In VS, right-click any symbol (constant, variable, or function)and select Find All References to see a list of all locations in all project files that reference it.

It's only used 4 times, including my usage. once in CvDefines.h, twice in this function Jooyo added (in CvCity.cpp):
Code:
int CvCity::getNumCityPlots() const
{
    int iRadius;
    int var_city_plots;
    if (getCultureLevel() == -1)
    {
        return NUM_CITY_PLOTS_1;
    }
    iRadius = GC.getCultureLevelInfo(getCultureLevel()).getCityRadius();
    switch (iRadius)
    {
    case 3:
        var_city_plots = NUM_CITY_PLOTS;
        break;
    case 2:
        var_city_plots = NUM_CITY_PLOTS_2;
        break;
    case 1:
        var_city_plots = NUM_CITY_PLOTS_1;
        break;
    default:
        var_city_plots = NUM_CITY_PLOTS_2;
        break;
    }
    return (var_city_plots);
}

And once more where I changed it. Otherwise, it never used again.

Jooyo replaced (almost) all of the NUM_CITY_PLOTS calls with that function.

Ah, this is the key. This is what I was getting at above (replace NUM_CITY_PLOTS constant with a variable), only slightly more flexible. This is where you would put the check for the game option if you went that route.

Ah, this is the key. This is what I was getting at above (replace NUM_CITY_PLOTS constant with a variable), only slightly more flexible. This is where you would put the check for the game option if you went that route.

That's okay. With that fix above, I my need for a game option has disappeared, since the city size is set in the XML. Thanks for the help.

Kael used the same approach, changing most calls for NUM_CITY_PLOTS to call a function like this. Then in Fall Further we figured out an easy formula to handle any city radius automatically instead of using all the defines.

int iNumPlots = (2*iRadius*iRadius) + (6*iRadius) + 1;

Kael used the same approach, changing most calls for NUM_CITY_PLOTS to call a function like this. Then in Fall Further we figured out an easy formula to handle any city radius automatically instead of using all the defines.

int iNumPlots = (2*iRadius*iRadius) + (6*iRadius) + 1;

Interesting. I'll have to grab those sources and take a look at that.

Top Bottom