Problems with the World Builder

forlornfire

Chieftain
Hey there,

I found this map of San Francisco that someone made and modified it on world builder to suit my play style, but I'm having problems setting start positions and scattering resources. When I chose the start positions the same civs always started in the same locations regardless of wheter the disable start bias was on or off. I tried resetting it so many times but nothing changed... Also not enough resources would generate near those locations which meant the AI would struggle a lot.

I then tried to create a scenario so I could choose the start locations and control which resources generated where, but I have no idea of which "handicap" to choose for the AI (I wanna play in Prince) and every time I scattered the resources only cows and bison would spawn, with basically no luxuries or other resources.

Is there any way to get the positions to work and fix the resources? (I don't mind having to add some on my own, but it would take a long time to do the whole map). I just wanna play as Spain and start in SF proper.

I'm playing using Vox Populi.

Thanks_

If you're looking to randomize start positions, Whoward has a mod that will accomplish that.

As for resources, I'm not well versed with World Builder but if you select the 'Randomize Resources' option instead of Scattering Resources, that should include all types of resources at random every time you start a new game with the map. I can't say if it's balanced, however.

If you're looking to randomize start positions, Whoward has a mod that will accomplish that.

As for resources, I'm not well versed with World Builder but if you select the 'Randomize Resources' option instead of Scattering Resources, that should include all types of resources at random every time you start a new game with the map. I can't say if it's balanced, however.
Thank you! The mod really helped. As for the resources, I had to do that because the world builder itself would mostly only scatter bonus resources.

Top Bottom