Project Civ2 units in civilization 3

Coronel_Civ3

Chieftain
Hi, I need help.

Is it possible to introduce civ 2 units into civilization 3?

I have managed to use the civ2 city graphics in the civ3 plains irrigation graphics, and it looks very good. But what about the units?

Could someone help me?

Thank you.

The most prominent mods with Civ 2 units in Civ 3 were done by Shay Yates Roberts many years ago. He set the default images to 4 frames (so I think one frame would be sufficient) and made a one-frame-animation for the fortify animation. In his mod "Age of Piracy" he also introduced the concept of deepwater harbors by hexediting to Civ 3 (now a part of the Quintillus editor).

BrigantineDefault.gif

BrigantineFortify.gif

INI.jpg

As it seems that this mod is no longer available, I attache it to this post.

Attachments

• Age of Piracy.zip
    13.9 MB · Views: 11
mmm you have to be the animated units?

Because I have managed to create the Civ2 Warrior, in the editor, enter it in pedia-icons, create its image in units_32 but I cannot fit it correctly in its cell... because the Civ2 image is larger than in Civ3 and I think the folder with your audio and .ini file. The scenario loads but the game freezes without error.

Could it be due to the lack of animation?

Thank you very much for the file and attention.

It's great!

I'm still in the old age of the scenario I'm preparing but for the High Middle Ages it could be great for me!!!

Do you know if anyone has something similar but in ancient times?

Thanks, great job! :) and thanks for sharing. :).

It's great!

I'm still in the old age of the scenario I'm preparing but for the High Middle Ages it could be great for me!!!

Do you know if anyone has something similar but in ancient times?

Thanks, great job! :) and thanks for sharing. :).
The mod Age of Piracy was created by Shay Yates Roberts and not by me. As far as I remember he also created a mod about "ancient times", called Age of Empires, but until now I have not found a copy of the download.

Civ 2 units can only be used for the unit_32 icons. For this use they must be shrinked slightly. The mod CCM 2.5 holds many of them in its unit_32 file. For showing them on the map they must have an animated special flc-format (Flicster), even if this animation consists of only one image.

I used Civ 2 graphics heavily in the scenario SOE and even made a thread about it in the CFC Civ 2 forums: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civ-2-arts-in-civ-3.410527/

The mod Age of Piracy was created by Shay Yates Roberts and not by me. As far as I remember he also created a mod about "ancient times", called Age of Empires, but until now I have not found a copy of the download.

Civ 2 units can only be used for the unit_32 icons. For this use they must be shrinked slightly. The mod CCM 2.5 holds many of them in its unit_32 file. For showing them on the map they must have an animated special flc-format (Flicster), even if this animation consists of only one image.

I used Civ 2 graphics heavily in the scenario SOE and even made a thread about it in the CFC Civ 2 forums: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civ-2-arts-in-civ-3.410527/
Thank you so much!

I'll check everything. ;)

It's been a while but I'm still with this:

I have reviewed the units file of Mod CCM 2.5, crazy work, hats off. But exactly what I was looking for is not there...

I have created everything necessary to include the first unit of Civ2 the Warrior, I don't mind that it has no animation, I have everything ready including its original Civ2 Warrior sound files in 16 bits so that it works in civilization 3. But I have problems putting it in the map without the game freezing.

What I have done and ready:

Troop created in the CIV3 CONQUEST editor. Created unit folder and its .ini files and 16-bit RUN and Attack sound files, entry created in Pediaicons, Units_32 of the unit extracted from the Units civ2 and converted from GIF to PCX and resized to fit correctly in its cell.

But I need to create the .flc animation that I have in the Flicter and Gimp programs. But I don't know how to have the .Flc animation file for Guerrerociv2attack and Guerrerociv2run.

Knowing how to do this would be the key to including the rest of civ2 in civ3.

In fact, the ground bombardment of my armies is the catapult of civ2.

Top Bottom