Proper way to play Venice

Another tip I have forgotten, A very important one. Do not build/buy any cargo ships until you can keep the shiping lanes clear of barbs. This is easy to do. You must get honor open once you are ready for cargo ships imho. Build or buy some mounted units, any time a barb camps pops on coast, rush in and kill it.

I opened an immortal Venice game this AM. It was way easier to protect the area from barbs than the land starts I have been playing on emperor.

I am ready to say that barring salt, sea bias starts are more desirable in terms of early growth/survivability.

A guarranteed 2nd city at the time and place of your choosing is also a large advantage.

The Merchant of Venice (MoV) which replaces the normal Great Merchant can annex city-states. They can also be used for a the normal trade mission but get higher influence with the CS and more gold.

As an aside: the tooltip/civopedia entry for MoV does not mention that they get more influence/gold when conducting trade missions? or have I missed it? Ditto the fact that they can move 4 tiles in water (found that out myself by accident!)

I saw no mention of the MoV gaining more influence and gold in game. It was a pleasant surprise to say the least.

Top Bottom