Question about Pantheon spread

Big J Money

Emperor
Does anyone know how a Pantheon spreads before you get a religion? I know it instantly appears in all cities when founded, but I had this scenario last night and can't figure out why:

As Attila I had just puppetted Antium from Rome (I believe they had no Pantheon). While still under rebellion, I was able to found a pantheon, so founded Faith Healers to get extra healing near cities I capture after the battle.

But it wasn't working in Antium. I had no lightning bolt symbol there and didn't get the ability.

Several turns after I annexed, I still didn't have the lightning bolt there. I didn't grab a religion particularly fast, so there was quite a period of time where I only had a Pantheon and Antium was annexed.

I'm thinking one these is true:
- Pantheon doesn't spread at all to annexed/puppeted cities
- Pantheon does spread to them, but there is a bug where founding a pantheon while a city is in rebellion means that city is "negated" from ever getting your pantheon (i.e. it's considered a foreign city forever)
- The Pantheon would have eventually spread there but it was just very slow because it was somewhat remote

Any other ideas?

Pantheons do not spread to conquered cities, do not export pressure to other cities and cannot be spread by any method other than settlers. As you have observed, if you have only a pantheon (haven't founded a religion), the pantheon appears in new cities when they are founded. (You can think of it as the pantheon accompanying your settler.)

Thanks Browd! Your answer is so clear, I'm surprised I couldn't find it during my forum search.

Check out the religion articles in the War Academy. May answer other questions (but note they haven't been updated for BNW yet).

Top Bottom