Questions about ini tweaks and BNW + GNK

Johndes

Chieftain
Hello, I'm gonna start the game and I wanted to know if I could do tweaks in the game files to enhance the game's graphics ?
And my second question is : Is BNW and GNK are different mode ? I mean do I have to start a special BNW or GNK game in the menu ? Thank you.

By tweaks in the game files, do you mean mods? If so, there are a lot of mods that improve stuff, but most of them will modify game rules & interface. There are some that add units, or change some part of the graphics. EUI, for example, is a good mod, it improves the interface a lot, but the graphics remains unchanged.
For the second questions: GNK si the first expansion, it added Religion, 100HP units (and other stuff) to the base game. BNW is the second (and last) expansion, it added ideologies, and changed the culture victory, by adding tourism (and also other changes). They are enabled by default, but you can disable them from the DLC menu. So you can play a GNK game by disabling BNW. To play a BNW game you don't need to do anything, I don't even think disabling GNK does anything.

Disabling G&K will disable the various civs that appear only in G&K (e.g., Maya) and the G&K scenarios.

Sorry to answer so late (I'm with an other account)
Thanks for your 2 answers. For the tweaks I mean graphical tweaks ( I don't know, like increasing shadow resolution and all) , I'm now using the 2k texture mod and ReShade.

Last edited:
Top Bottom